News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Various - Eastern Europe ODM - A Magpie's Collection

Thanks, Jim,

Just tried the link and it works fine. I think there's a lot for me to learn there.

I'm very grateful for your offer to maintain my collection for me, and I promise to give it serious consideration...if only I could stop laughing! ;)

Hugh

;)

• 1 month later...
    • Replies 54
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have a tremendous collection here, Hugh!

About the Yugoslav flag order - it's the later model with painted (not enammeled) flag, so it was probably awarded from late 60's-70's onward. I doubt it was awarded to Soviet serving in Afganistan - it's mostly diplomatic award and for senior ranks, so even if some Soviet official would get it, he would probably not not carry it into war, but leave at home. More likely is it was awarded to some Afghan or Pakistan diplomat. Tito visited Afganistan and pakistan in 1968, so it might originates from this visit, or later.

You have a tremendous collection here, Hugh!

About the Yugoslav flag order - it's the later model with painted (not enammeled) flag, so it was probably awarded from late 60's-70's onward. I doubt it was awarded to Soviet serving in Afganistan - it's mostly diplomatic award and for senior ranks, so even if some Soviet official would get it, he would probably not not carry it into war, but leave at home. More likely is it was awarded to some Afghan or Pakistan diplomat. Tito visited Afganistan and pakistan in 1968, so it might originates from this visit, or later.

Thanks, Valter,

That makes much more sense to me. Surely no army wears awards like this in battle dress these days.

• 2 years later...

It is a rare medal and I think that it is "Mother Serbia". Many officer´s had a lot of critics towards this medal when it appeared. They said "How can a serbian hero wear a woman on his chest" :). Because of this the medal wasn´t used long time. It was appeared 1912 and the newer bravery medal version with "Milos Obilic" was used later.

Is this as rare as I've been led to believe?

SE06 Medal for Bravery Military Merit , bronze female head, (Very rare), EF

Is this as rare as I've been led to believe?

SE06 Medal for Bravery Military Merit , bronze female head, (Very rare), EF