News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I recently acquired a spange with the following orders: EK2 1914, Wuerttemberg Military Merit Medal in Silver, Wuerttemberg Friedrich Order Knight 2nd Class, Wuerttemberg Landwehr Long Service Medal, Hohenzollern House Order Knight with Swords, Bavaria Military Merit Order 4th Class with Swords, Saxony Albert Order Knight 2nd Class with Swords, Austria War Merit Cross with War Decoration. This is a period bar, obviously to a Wuerttemberg junior officer. Sorry, I can't post pictures, unless someone would be willing, and I can send scans.

Hello,

Is this not the grouping that was attributed to Leutnant Eckstein of Feldfliegerabteilung 24? I saw this bar on ebay and numerous times at the MAX and SOS Shows over the last five or six years. I've actually held it in my hands on several occasions. It is a fantastic medal bar, despite the fraying to the ribbon of the Friedrich Order and the chip to the Bavarian MVO4X. Congratulations on obtaining a nice addition to your collection. Definitely worth the winning bid price.

Best regards,

Tom

Thanks, Tom, it is indeed the ex-Seymour\Colson bar attributed to Eckstein. I'm not convinced it is Eckstein's, as it is missing the Wuerttemberg Military Merit Order and Hamburg Hansa Cross, and the Military Merit Medal is silver, not gold. It would be something of a miracle for another officer to have this set of awards, but anything is possible.

Hi,

I know that bar as well.

From where do You know that Eckstein had a Hansa cross?

I would assume, tha it IS Ecksteins bar and the WM3 (replaced an earlier awarded WgM) was replaced by whatever Moron by a WsM.

Best regards

Daniel

Thanks for posting those pictures, Tom. Daniel, in O'Connor's book on Wuerttembergers in the Luftstreitkraefte he shows a picture of Eckstein's Soldbuch with the awards entries. I can't seem to find out much else about him, though. Trying to get more info via the Aerodrome forum.