News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

As it seems that Mr.RR wants to see new pictures today and solve new riddles - here is the one of the week :whistle:

Seems to be a civil doctor with some contacts to the army and the king....

On the neck I can see from Bavaria a MVO and a holy Michael and from Austria the Franz Josef order... MVO and FJO as breast crosses as well and a cross that seems to be OEK Nr.513/1 cross for civil doctors for the war 1866 -right?

On the bar I can see a Merit order of the bavarian crown !!! beside a 1870 iron cross fro non-combattants !!! KDM 70/71 and Austrian iron crown are clear...so there are three left for you because I don`t want to guess....

Picture is taken in München , Bavaria , and there is something on the reverse that can be a date : 30.4.1887

3.........2...........1................... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :beer:

Edited by HeikoGrusdat

Actually I did not want to answer any of your threads unless you post SCANs of your stuff, as you promised...

:catjava:

Great picture! The missing orders on the bar are of Italian origin. To lazy to look up at Nimmergut's "Orden Europas" for today... I'd try Church State and Sicily, or maybe Parma...

Dr. Nußbaums Orden from the 1885 Militär Handbuch des Königreichs Bayern:

Bayerische:

Milit. Verdienst Orden- Großcomthur

Verdienst Orden des Bayer. Krone- Ritter

Verdienst Orden von heiligen Michael- Ritter 1. Kl.

KDM für 1870/71 (aus Bronce)

Armee Denkzeichen 1866

Österreichische:

ÖEK3

ÖFJ2mSt

Preußische:

EK2w

Päpstliche:

Orden Gregor des Großen- Ritter

Königreich beider Sicilien:

Orden Franz I- Ritter 1. Kl.

Königliche Spanische:

Orden Karls III.- Ritterkreuz

As a side note, when I lived in Munich from 2003 until 2007 I lived at Nußbaumstraße 14, very near to Sendlinger Tor. This part of Munich is home to many clinics and hospitals. In a small park directly across from my apartment is a statue honoring the good doctor. Gone- but not totally forgotten.

Edited by arb