News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Communist Period Item.

This has come up for offer here in Romania,

Maika geroina_Bulgarien.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_08_2009/post-950-125156823116.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_08_2009/post-950-125156824785.jpg

the seller claims its real GOLD Type 2, however no hallmarks, and the asking price is:-

€320.00 Euro.

Can any of our knowledgeable memebers on Communist Bulgaria offer their opinions?

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Kevin,

Any coin dealer should be able to test for gold for you. It involves removing a very small amount of gold, normally not noticeable, and adding a small amount of a chemical to it. I have seen it done here in Canada with no damage to the artifact. Takes seconds to do.

Regards,

Gordon

Kevin,

Any coin dealer should be able to test for gold for you. It involves removing a very small amount of gold, normally not noticeable, and adding a small amount of a chemical to it. I have seen it done here in Canada with no damage to the artifact. Takes seconds to do.

Regards,

Gordon

Hallo Gordon, many thanks for your post, as the article is being offered for sale over the net, then testing that way is not an option.

I was hoping somebody here could give some info from the pictures supplied as I am hesitant to buy unless fully sure that an item is real, I still await a reply from the seller with regards weight and a money back guarantee.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Guest Rick Research

Moving to Bulgarian section where more specific assistance will be found.

There is a thread started by Ed Haynes, recently added to about boxed Hero stars --

the one you show does not have the gold hallmark.

Different Stars, but similar size (tiny) and iven the "standard," would presumably be comparable for markings?

They are, in any case, 14 karat so only decent "jewelry" standard.

Moving to Bulgarian section where more specific assistance will be found.

There is a thread started by Ed Haynes, recently added to about boxed Hero stars --

the one you show does not have the gold hallmark.

Different Stars, but similar size (tiny) and iven the "standard," would presumably be comparable for markings?

They are, in any case, 14 karat so only decent "jewelry" standard.

Hallo Ricky, many thanks. Kevin in Deva. :beer: