News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another little bar i got recently....but what is the last ribbon? :unsure: Some kind of Veteran's award? If so, what?

I, at first glance thought this was a EK2 ribbon, but upon closer inspection it definately is not. :speechless:

There is the following colour order:-

Thin black, white, thin black, white stripes, one big black stripe down the middle and then the same again on other side of large black stripe.

My second thought (after the EK2)was this ribbon, the Hausorden von Hohenzollern - Ritterkreuz und Inhaberkreuz OR Fürstlich Hohenzollernscher Hausorden - Ehrenkreuz 2. or 3. Klasse but it doesn't quite match up with this either.

Hoping the experts will know and put me out of my misery! :blush:

Thanks

Matt

Maybe we have an faster idee seing the whole bar. ;)

That far: neither EK nor HOH...

I was too fast... still it's neither of the mentioned. There's a Prussian fire fighter's award with a similar ribbon, isn't it?

Edited by saschaw

Maybe we have an faster idee seing the whole bar. ;)

That far: neither EK nor HOH...

I was too fast... still it's neither of the mentioned. There's a Prussian fire fighter's award with a similar ribbon, isn't it?

What did the Prussian Firefighter's ribbon look like?

We have so far Non-Combatant Honor Cross, Prussian Red Cross 2nd/3rd Class & ???..........so maybe it is some sort of Prussian award?

Thanks

Matt

Ok....found this picture by doing a Google search. It is of a 25 Year service Fire award....Saschaw, you could be right.... :cheers:

Anyone else like to jump in?

Thanks

Matt

P.S. Any more information on these Fire Awards would be much appreciated....for example was there only one class, for 25 years service?

Edited by M Hunter

Guest Rick Research

Yup, that's the one! :beer:

Per Gert Efler's 1988 "Deutsche Feuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen 1802-jetzt" there wer three different awards that all used this same ribbon--

1) For Merit, with inscription to that effect on the obverse, awarded 1924-34 on this ribbon for firemen (civilians decorated for merit or valour during a fire had another ribbon, mainly white but not illustrated or clearly described) Extraordinarily rare.

2) for 25 years service, inscription to that effect on the obverse of the silver medal, 1930-34

3) for 40 years service, inscription to that effect on the gold medal.

I can count on 2 hands the number of bars I've seen with this award. :cheers:

Yup, that's the one! :beer:

Per Gert Efler's 1988 "Deutsche Feuerwehr-Ehrenzeichen 1802-jetzt" there wer three different awards that all used this same ribbon--

1) For Merit, with inscription to that effect on the obverse, awarded 1924-34 on this ribbon for firemen (civilians decorated for merit or valour during a fire had another ribbon, mainly white but not illustrated or clearly described) Extraordinarily rare.

2) for 25 years service, inscription to that effect on the obverse of the silver medal, 1930-34

3) for 40 years service, inscription to that effect on the gold medal.

I can count on 2 hands the number of bars I've seen with this award. :cheers:

Many thanks Rick! :beer: Had no idea i had such a rare little beauty! :D When i bought it i thought it was just an EK2 Ribbon! It has been a good day for me regarding ribbon bars!! :blush::cheeky:

Best regards

Matt

Sorry Matt, had no pictures handy yetserday and was quite tired.

I used to have one, many moons ago. Cannot remember if I've ever shown it here before, so here it is. The last ribbon... was made using to overlapping, different wide EK ribbons. :cheers:

Ostensibly a double prussian war service cross? What is going on there?

Yes, we discussed it here. The first two awards are on the "Erinnerungsband", as the correct name is. It was used for several awards, of which the War Aid Cross is the most common.

So in this case, one award will probably be the War Aid Cross, while the other one COULD be either a Crown Order 4th cl or a General Honor Decoration on "Erinnerungsband"