News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

aeroflot visor cap

I picked up this visor cap in Beligum this week-end.

It is what I believe to be an aeroflot flight captain visor cap.

It is very well constructed, everything is symetrical and wellsewn. The visor cap is made of cardboard, with a rather matish black paint (while satinate on other cardboard visors), laurel branchs are correctly and symetricaly fixed.

The surprise is the general-type leather sweatband. This is why I played the game by buying this thing. The liner is made of general satin too; the diamnond sweatband is marked of the famous Moscow fabric, and is slghtly used. All is correctly sewn with the same thread. Everything is irreprochable.

Second surprise, the 2 chincord butons, which are of the army type, no aeroflot type. They are made of 2-pieces of metal, 1970 dated.

It would be quite easy to find aeroflot butons... but do you believe I found quite a neat kind of fake? Or this fabric is really genuine for a senior aeroflot officer?

many thanks by advance for yours opinions...

dsc00714.jpg

• 3 months later...