News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greetings,

I am purchasing this plaque. I thought it was interesting. I like the date. One day prior to outbreak of war.

Pretty neat.

What do you think.

Regards,

2dresq

JustinG

Hi Justin

Its a great item.

How big is it? I see the 3 small holes for attatching it, but what would it be attached to?

Thanks, Dan

Hi Justin,

I'd noticed you bought that item. I think it's fascinating! Wouldn't it be great if you could find out something about its recipient and his subsequent KM career?

I assume the holes would be to attach it to a wooden plaque? Glad it's not attached though so you could see the name on the back.

Nice addition to your collection.

Best regards,

---Norm

Guest Rick Research

Detlev/Detlef von Lehsten was born in Hamburg 14 August 1917. Joined Kriegsmarine in Crew Oktober 1937. Oberleutnant zS 01.04.42 #190. Last Rank Kapitänleutnant zS on 01.03.45 to date with seniority 18.02.45.

Check online at "U-Boat Net" because he was not a member of the MOHeV after the war so have no post-war data.

He was a watch officer on U 584 October 1942 to June 1943. Designated commander of the U-996 while it was under construction at Blohm & Voss-- it was badly damaged during the Hamburg Fire Storm air raid of 25 July 1943--possibly the greatest peril he survived during the war.

CO U 373 26.09.43-08.06.44, CO U 3508 02.11.44-30.03.45, CO U 3044 26.04.-05.05.45-- these from Rainer Busch and Hans-Joachim R¢ll, :German U-Boat Commanderss of World War II."

Detlev/Detlef von Lehsten was born in Hamburg 14 August 1917. Joined Kriegsmarine in Crew Oktober 1937. Oberleutnant zS 01.04.42 #190. Last Rank Kapitänleutnant zS on 01.03.45 to date with seniority 18.02.45.

Check online at "U-Boat Net" because he was not a member of the MOHeV after the war so have no post-war data.

He was a watch officer on U 584 October 1942 to June 1943. Designated commander of the U-996 while it was under construction at Blohm & Voss-- it was badly damaged during the Hamburg Fire Storm air raid of 25 July 1943--possibly the greatest peril he survived during the war.

CO U 373 26.09.43-08.06.44, CO U 3508 02.11.44-30.03.45, CO U 3044 26.04.-05.05.45-- these from Rainer Busch and Hans-Joachim R¢ll, :German U-Boat Commanderss of World War II."

Wow! Excellent info from Rick Research.:jumping:

Justin, your item just got a whole lot more interesting! Congratulations.:beer:

Best regards,

---Norm