News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sorry about this but in my honest opinion I do not believe that this item relates to the LSSAH.

I believe that you have a piece of tableware from the Hamburg America Line shipping Company. The mongram does indeed look similar but having handled a few pieces like this I am pretty confident its from the shipping line.

Simon :cheers:

Sorry about this but in my honest opinion I do not believe that this item relates to the LSSAH.

I believe that you have a piece of tableware from the Hamburg America Line shipping Company. The mongram does indeed look similar but having handled a few pieces like this I am pretty confident its from the shipping line.

Simon cheers.gif

Thank you for interesting opinion.

So Wellner used the same monogramm for HAL Shipping Company and LSSAH items?

Thank you for interesting opinion.

So Wellner used the same monogramm for HAL Shipping Company and LSSAH items?

Either that... or these are LSSAH plates...

http://militaria.polarhaven.net/GermanDishes/Hamburg-America%20Line%20LAH%20Bowl.JPG

I guess the mug is only good for shaving after all... ;-)

As I shave with the straight razor, I will take it off you... ;-)

I'm afraid I can't say whether Wellner produced items for the LSSAH however they definately produced items for the Hamburg America line and the mongram shown on your item matches that on these shipping items.

The British magazine 'The Armourer' ran an article on similar items pertaining to the LSSAH in the March/April 2008 issue and then corected the information in the next issue. Unfortunately I can't find my copy of it now. sorry. If I remember correctly the corrected information that the items were shipping related came from Mr Andrew Mollo and Jamie Cross. Both very experianced collectors:cheers:

googlimg shows a topic on the axis forum with this quote from the armourer..

"Peter Laister has written the Mariners Memorabilia in

two volumes.... In these book many Hamburg America Line

items in both china and silver plate. One such piece

of china clearly shows around the edge of the dish at

bottom, the HAPAG crest and the top of the dish a gold

HAL monogram."

where the truth is... i dont know....