News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello CRBerry,

Very nice, congratulations!

Of course that bow device has to be exceedingly rare. Have you, or anyone else, ever seen another one of these?

It would seem that with the relatively high number of RAO’s with bows awarded, that we would see more of them

on the ribbon bars. Miniatures with bow devices are not all that rare (see below).

Any idea as to who lives out on the east side of town? Looks like a Brunswicker.

Again, congratulations and best wishes,

Wild Card

Lovely bars, especially that first one. Seems to be a early WW1 bar to an Oberst in 1914 with RAO3S and KO3. That last place must be Brunswick House order...

Haven't seen many RAO3S ribbon bars before. Let's say two or three... and still have none for my own... :rolleyes:

I would love to see the medal bar to go with it - there would be some nice enamel especially on the end!

There is one bow like this posted in new ribbon bar article by Rick and the bar was owned by a member here. I was surprised to find something like this. The price was very reasonable.

Guest Rick Research

First one looks :love: . ID depends on whether that was an 1870 or 1914 EK2, though. Not all wore the oakleaves device, which confuses the issue. It was probably not routinely available for the wartime sized bars. Certainly an Oberst and likely a General.

A medal bar that nearly matches this ribbon bar is owned by Marc Garlasco/Flak88. The only difference is that his has the 1870/71 KDM with a few bars on it. It is very nice! I was assuming this is the 1914 EK2 as there is no KDM on the bar.