News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soldbuch Festung Dünkirchen

Hi Ya'll

today I need a little help in finding a fair price for this Soldbuch. It's for the later Korvetten-Kapitän Max Lewandowsky, CO from the 18. Marinekraftfahrabteilung. Unfortunatly no pic (removed) but still in good condition. Among the entries are his awards during both wars (IC, clasp to the iron cross 2. class, war merit cross with swords 2. and 1. class and some others). He was with his unit in france and till the end of the war in the 'Festung Dünkirchen'. There are few stamps (french) and germans (Kampfgruppe Nettelbeck' in it. In the Rangliste from the navy he is listed and also listed as CO of this unit. Alls pages are complete

If any of you has a opinion pleas let me know (also pm are wellcome.

thanks in advance

Walle

Edited by walle

Very interesting Walle,

Here is one of my Kriegsmarine Soldbuch to Kapitänleutnant Schümann of Festungs Nachrichen Kommandant der Festung Dünkirchen.

Of interest is the same Marine Dunkerque Comar IV stamp! Info that I received from Jean-Yves Nasse on the stamp "COMAR IV (Commandement Marine IV) is a French Navy district in which you find BOULOGNE, DUNKERQUE and CALAIS and probably CHERBOURG".

/Ian

Edited by ian jewison

Hi,

do you recon the comar stamp was after he was captured?

Best

Chris

Not entirely sure....perhaps not? More info from JYN "By 1944, CV KOLB-BERNARD was in charge of COMAR IV. Headquarters was located in BOULOGNE-SUR-MER."

/Ian

Edited by ian jewison

• 1 year later...

Kampfgruppe Nettelbeck was a regiment-size unit at Festung Dunkirk. The fortress was commanded by a Navy man, Admiral Frisius, and had LW, Heer, SS and Marine troops as well as foreigners. My father was there as a Heer officer.

Do you have more information on your man, a photo perhaps?

Arnim