News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanish Badge Opinion

Simon F

You see them on ebay a lot and they look a little crude. There seem to be quite a veriaty of them and I think they were made post SCW too. Maybe Panzerpioneer could give us a breakdown on what they were issued for and when?

Best, Sal

First badge is a Falange party lapel badge, and nothing more.

Second badge was that of the Spanish ex-combatants of the SCW.

To clarify, ". . . the Spanish nationalist/fascist ex-combattants . . . ." Obviously not for the republican/loyalist forces.

Obviously republican ex-combatants would not wear the five arrows of their enemies...

This badge was actually that of the "Hermandad Nacional de Excombatientes", "National Brotherhood of Ex-combatants". Obviously the nationalists did not care about their defeated enemies.

What seems to be difficult to find out is any awards of the Republican side! I believe this is beacause there were so many semi autonomous groups that comprised the Republican side there was not a lot of "fascist" standardization of uniforms medals etc. Is there a book on this with pics? Anyone have any Republican items? For that matter is there a good book about Falange items?

Best, Sal

What seems to be difficult to find out is any awards of the Republican side! I believe this is beacause there were so many semi autonomous groups that comprised the Republican side there was not a lot of "fascist" standardization of uniforms medals etc. Is there a book on this with pics? Anyone have any Republican items? For that matter is there a good book about Falange items?

Best, Sal

Agreed, Sal. I'm very interested in these, but I find all the focus on the "victors" to disguise the other side of the coin. Only with the international volunteers can much be found. I suspect the oppression of the Franco years drove anyone with republican connections (or items) into silence or exile (at best).

Hope to learn otherwise ....

Ed