News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Update on Fake Prussian Flyer Badges

http://cgi.ebay.de/MILITAR-FLUGZEUGFUHRER-ABZEICHEN-UND-MINIATUR_W0QQitemZ280444458474QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMilitaria?hash=item414bcad5ea

This one is still circulating. The mark is very close and the finish/appearance of the badge has gotten much better..... but still a copy, anyway you dice it. Note they are still using a stupid pin/hinge assembly. If they finally correct that issue.... many people will probably get fooled until they have it in their hands.

The weak crescent shaped "crack" is still the best way to pick these decent castings. In the hand they are slightly smaller than originals. A friend had one and was lucky enough to return it to a well known US dealer who offers a lifetime guarantee.

The pics should probably be added to this thread to have meaning in a year's time.

Regards

Mike

Well, sometimes it's a little easier to spot the copy...

You have to really give this fellow credit for creativity though!

This thing is wrong for so many reasons, and there is plenty to rant about a fake being promoted as period, but what I really am taken aback by is the smarmy, passive-aggressive sales pitch used. Suggesting that it is an extremely rare historical item, but he can't be sure it was owned by the famed ace. However he has "vibes" based on his 48 years of collecting experience.

It gives the illusion of honesty about the item for sale, but he is not being completely open about its origins or what I believe to be, the benefit of his full knowledge. This half-truth is deceptive. It is an snare to the novice and perhaps naïve collector and I don't like it. :shame: