News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Wound Badges have been breeding again!

Hi all,

My newest arrival... actually waiting for the stork but shouldn't be long. But not quite sure where to place this one. Not sure if it's an extremely well denazified TR one or if it's an early 57.unsure.gif Also not positive if it was originally a black or a silver. Appears it's a zinker which has absorbed the color. I can't see traces of any... at least on the photos. But noted that the base of the catch/hook is silver in color. I'm not positive but I'd think that to be odd on a black one but not on a silver.

So opinions extremely welcome on this one.

Also, I know it's not possible to make out in the pics but the maker is L/58 which I believe is Rudolf Souval but please correct me if I have this wrong.blush.gif

Thanks!!!!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Dan,

It looks like a WWI wound badge. But I quess it is actually a post-war or 57er. Darrell posted information after me. So much for my first try at trying to contribute something meaningful from my limited knowledge.

Dean

Edited by Signalcorps45

It's a post war L/58 by Souval. In fact, the L/58 is in incuse/relief in the box on the reverse.

Many thanks Darrell.jumping.gifjumping.gif Was indeed hoping it was an early 57!rolleyes.gifjumping.gifjumping.gif Do you also agree it was probably a silver? I've shown it to Grant and he tends to agree on that.unsure.gif

Mucho thanks my friend!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Dan,

It looks like a WWI wound badge. But I quess it is actually a post-war or 57er. Darrell posted information after me. So much for my first try at trying to contribute something meaningful from my limited knowledge.

Dean

Hi Dean,

Hey, don't beat yourself up. I'm glad to see you jump in. You tried... that's alot more than most people do in the world today.beer.gif I'll PM you once I get back from work this morning and send over some examples showing the differences between the different WB's to help you out. They're really distinctive once you know what to look for.biggrin.gif

Never forgot... we NEVER stop learning. I've also jumped in before and not been right. C'est la vie!laugh.gif It happens. But then I learn from the experience and move on. I'm 47 and still learning and hope never to stop. I'm not an expert in any one area but I think I've been able to hold my own for the most part and occassionally help out others. And hey, that's what we're all about here... helping each other, sharing our knowledge and experiences and all becoming better for it along the way.

Anyhow gotta run for now but nice try and I for one deeply appreciate the effort. Please don't hesitate to jump in... and NEVER EVER hesitate to ask questions. There's no such thing as a foolish question. It's how we all learn.jumping.gif

Keep on truckin' and it'll get easier... I promise!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Guest Darrell

Many thanks Darrell.jumping.gifjumping.gif Was indeed hoping it was an early 57!rolleyes.gifjumping.gifjumping.gif Do you also agree it was probably a silver? I've shown it to Grant and he tends to agree on that.unsure.gif

Mucho thanks my friend!beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

I'll agree it's a silver. The give away is the finish still intact on the reverse hardware.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

This is actually a great find! It's of the highest quality! Many 57'er designs were really "botched" IMHO... This is as crisp as they come. Good for you!

Many thanks Frank!cheers.gifcheers.gif Sorry for the late reply... just seems like every time I sit down to get into making posts, etc., something drags me away and then my early senility kicks in and I completely forget about five dozen things I need to do. But deeply appreciate the comment.beer.gif

Dan

I can vouch for that!cheers.gif

Many thanks for that Travis!jumping.gifjumping.gif I only wish I knew more at times than I do and therefore could be of even more help. And sometimes I know things but I've been away from something for so long that my poor befuddled old brain just can't dig up the info anymore. Thank God for reference material! And again as to Frank, many apologies for this late reply.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

• 2 months later...