News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

When I got this I had to take a second to digest it....

Then I still could not believe it so I went to take a look at a Gew88 to see if the dimensions are really correct...

I was almost inclined to google "oversize GEW88" just incase...

In retrospect the British also had Bantam divisions I think....

That's an interesting photo Chris.

I used to own a GEW88, bought it from an antiques dealer who was using it to prop the front door open, and they are heavy enough to shoulder for a regular sized fellow. Pop the bayonet on this and the whole thing becomes almost too awkard to aim.

On the other hand I think I would want to be short if I were in the trenches. :violent: Tall could be bad depending on the depth of the trench.

Regards

Brian

• 10 months later...

great pictures!

amusing in the sense of proportion, but with the exception of

photo #1, a little depressing to consider the age of the

cannon fodder...

joe

You know whats REALLY depressing?

REALLY depressing is when you see your own biological clock ticking....

You are no longer young enough to be active, you would have been reserve....... you would have been Landwehr..... You would have been landsturm...... You are an old bastid who would be relegated to unloading Train Wagons 50 miles behind the front....

Strange but true... in this day and age there are old guys hopping around battlefields that would never have left Germany in WW1 !