News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello again all,

I posted this badge here awhile ago but needed better pictures for originality to be determined so hopefully this pictures are better. I can take more pictures if needed so any info or opinions on this badge are appreciated. I resized so hopefully they are not too small for detail.

Thanks again,

Duzig(Bill)

Hello again all,

I posted this badge here awhile ago but needed better pictures for originality to be determined so hopefully this pictures are better. I can take more pictures if needed so any info or opinions on this badge are appreciated. I resized so hopefully they are not too small for detail.

Thanks again,

Duzig(Bill)

Well, the new photos make it easier to determine and I'm afraid that both the full size and the mini are both 100% bad.

Here is a shot of a genuine original. For one thing, note the position of the top of the mast relative to the chain surround on the original compared to the fake - on the real badge it is aligned with the centre of a link, on the fake at the joint between two links. There are many other small details that are close, but just not right - the bow waves are too large and heavy, the bow has a "double line", the anchor chain around the border is too large and heavy.

Sorry, definitely bad.

Well, the new photos make it easier to determine and I'm afraid that both the full size and the mini are both 100% bad.

Here is a shot of a genuine original. For one thing, note the position of the top of the mast relative to the chain surround on the original compared to the fake - on the real badge it is aligned with the centre of a link, on the fake at the joint between two links. There are many other small details that are close, but just not right - the bow waves are too large and heavy, the bow has a "double line", the anchor chain around the border is too large and heavy.

Sorry, definitely bad.

Hello again,

I thank you all for your comments regarding this badge. I've had this item for about 20 years and not being a badge guy never really paid too much attention to it. I particularly appreciate that instead of saying only that "it's bad", that reasons where given for why it's bad. Again I thank you all for your comments and info, it is appreciated.

Duzig(Bill)

Many thanks for the reply, I have told the owner that the items are not originals and he has as many others seems reluctant to accept it at first, but will come around with time, I just hope he did not pay out big money for his "treasures".

Kevin in Deva. :beer: