News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 document

These arrived in the mail this week; haven't done any research yet. Found it interesting that a Fahrer in a Sachsen fuss-artillerie battalion ended up as a Kaufmann in Hamburg. There's a story there that will never be found.

I could use a little help with the name though... Looks like "Ernst Framp" to me... And no idea what is in parentheses after "Fahrer".

(Again, apologize for the quality of images. :rolleyes:)

Chris, not a checklist exactly - since I haven't found a definitive list of "all" artillery units (Chip...scan scan scan and share :whistle:)

But I have a couple pretty good lists of units. I keep track on a spreadsheet all the units that I have collected - by feld, fuss, bavarian, non-regimental battalions and batteries etc. Even a few Austrian units. Scorecard is in my profile as of January. In February I have added a few more; so, step by step.

Actually, have a unit or two that haven't shown up on my lists. Which means I am making a new list. :cool:

Good mix of items too; commemorative medals, award documents, militaerpass, regimental history first edition books, postcards, CDV photos, death cards, other ephemera (an ID card). I have decided at some point I need to score key items; pickelhaube, sabre, luger. Need to save some money. :P Would like to get some shoulder straps; maybe even a tunic.

So, much to collect! So little time, so little money! :cheeky:

Edited by IrishGunner