News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 153
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Darrell

Outstanding Bob ... unbelievable selection :cheers:

I love seeing those Memel medal groups. Any chance of a closeup of the reverse of that Memel?

Well, Jim, I will try. George Seymore had a collection the likes of which we will never see again. Ralph Abercrombie has a most excellent one. Mine is just what it is, an accumulation of items that please me without the remarkable depth and dimension of other collections.

Edited by Bob Hunter

Bob, from the bottom of my heart...Thankyou! it must have taken you ages!

I love the white Falcon bar!

#31....this is a wicked bar! what are nos 2 & 5?

No #33, Nice Reuss bar!

No#36..Spectacular Baden bar!

no#47...WOW! awesome! what is no 6?

ANd the first bar that started the slippery slope......please explain the medals on the bar....thanks

Again! Lovely collection....I just love seeing the Sheer diversity of Imperial! mine may one day look similar....

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kind regards

Paul

Well, Jim, I will try. George Seymore had a collection the likes of which we will never see again. Ralph Abercrombie has a most excellent one. Mine is just what it is, an accumulation of items that please me without the remarkable depth and dimension of other collections.

Hi Bob,

I understand what you're saying. BUT, you still have one fantastic (accumulation, gathering, set, whatever). As long as it brings you joy and keeps your interest peaked, that's what really counts.

OK, Paul, let's start with #49. This is an extremely rare and original mounted Imperial German medal group to a Bavarian Police Officer. It consists of the WWI Honor Cross for Non-Combatants; The 1916 King Ludwig Cross: The rare Silver Honor Medal to the order of the Bavarian Crown (maker marked Losch); The Silver Honor Medal to the Bavarian Order of Saint Michael and the ultra rare Bavarian Twenty Year Police Long Service Cross. The group also has a 1930's era medal bar with clip on backs that appears not have been upgraded as the first bar still has the medals sewn in. It also has a rare matching ribbon bar in double furled south german style. I'm attaching close ups of the two really rare medals. Here is the Silver Honor Medal to the Order of the Bavarian Crown.

Edited by Bob Hunter