News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 153
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#33 I think of as a Prussian bar with the Reuss silver merit medal on the end. What makes the bar unique is the presence of the statute or peacetime ribbon for that award. It is only the second one I have seen but it is only the second one Stogieman has seen and he's been looking at medal and ribbon bars a lot longer than I have.

#31 The Adler der Inhaber is a fairly rare duck by itself. The second medal is, I believe, the Prussian General Decoration and the one on the end is another rare bird. That is the Silver Merit Medal to the Brunswick House Order and I will post close ups so you can see the markings.

#47 The medal in the last position on the bar is the Finnish War of Independence Medal.

Edited by Bob Hunter

Guest Darrell

Darrell, here is reverse of the Memel on the 2X bar.

Thanks Bob. The "accepted" version. Nice to see a piece from a bar. Gives one a warm and fuzzy feeling about these type.

Guest Darrell

Darrell, aren't there still two "schools of thought" on that medal? One being guys like us and the other being lunatics! ;):D:beer:

LOL ... many feel that way about everything in their collection :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Nice ribbon bar!

Paul, sorry I missed your questions. #31 second position is the Prussian General Decoration and sixth is the sew on long service schnalle for Prussia. #47 in sixth postion is the medal for the Finnish War of Independence. A Finnish award on a German bar is considered quite rare.

• 6 years later...