News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greetings all,

in the following link you can see a typical OLDENBURG FA Cross I class fake in Ebay from Germany.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...b#ht_500wt_1182

And all well you can say, exept that this seller ,micelju didn't used me to sell such fakes as he is a respectable seller in Ebay and I am positive after so many years selling in Ebay, he know what he sells.

But seems times are hard and someone's reputation doesn't count much any more.

For us though it's vital, so here is a typical example with the usual fake Pin and "strange" crown on the obverse.

I will add tomorrow the pictures, because as you all know,we loose after a period the link, but it's nice to have these photos for future reference.

With respect

Emanuel

Edited by Emanuel

At least he's registered as a business seller so you can return items whenever you want. Last week i bought from him Ludwig's regimental cross. 99% it's fake but there's still 1% chance that it is not. So I will post the pictures when it arrives, we will discuss and then I will decide what to do with the item.

It's really unfortunate to see good sellers turning into ''clubs"...you know what I mean.

Last week he had a RAO w/S for sale which was discussed here and turned to be a funny chicken replica. From his current portfolio - what the about the meck 1st class?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MECKLENBURG-DUCHY-WW1-BRAVERY-CROSS-1st-class-SUPER_W0QQitemZ390170832570QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_Militaria_LE?hash=item5ad7fe6eba

• 10 months later...

Christer, this one looks convincing, but I'm not expert on these. Usual fakes have thin needle pin.

And there's a second class cross sold openly as a copy - the deformed arms should be an obvious give-away, but it never hurts to add the image to fake galery.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130482211123&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

First of all, not it's not the same Cross.

This FA I Cross is ok, a private purchase of course ,means Post -WW I ,it's from Brass Non-magnetic.

All these pieces had problem with the catch and seems it broked easily as I have seen many of those with such problem.

Pin, well, what I can say more that it's not his,it's a replacement.

In all ,not a piece that I would like to have in my collection, but it's up to you to decide...

Edited by Emanuel