News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I think you will need better photos of the signature & stamp before it is possible for someone to be able to offer a verdict. I have had a look through all the EK citations in my collection and at numerous others on other forums and they all bear the stamp of the parent unit, i.e. Infantry Division, Kampfgeschwader, Armeekorps etc. I believe a regimental commander did not have the authority to sign EK citations and while this bears the signature of the Divisional Commander (or claims to, as I don't have a sample of Rudolf Dinter's signature to compare it to) why does it have a stamp of the Regiment? I may well be wrong & there may be exceptions to the rule but I would personally play safe and look elsewhere, certainly without better photos.

I think you will need better photos of the signature & stamp before it is possible for someone to be able to offer a verdict. I have had a look through all the EK citations in my collection and at numerous others on other forums and they all bear the stamp of the parent unit, i.e. Infantry Division, Kampfgeschwader, Armeekorps etc. I believe a regimental commander did not have the authority to sign EK citations and while this bears the signature of the Divisional Commander (or claims to, as I don't have a sample of Rudolf Dinter's signature to compare it to) why does it have a stamp of the Regiment? I may well be wrong & there may be exceptions to the rule but I would personally play safe and look elsewhere, certainly without better photos.

All valid points.... this is technically not right... so needs close examination.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your interest in this particular citation? Is it to a unit you collect? I don't see anything special about this citation (if original) so you wouldn't be losing out if you left it alone and looked for another one. But I will say this - you posted the photo of the citation for a reason and if that reason was a result of a gut feeling that all may not be as it seems then all I can say is trust that feeling. If you lose out on it then at least you still have your money to spend on something else, but if you went for it and it proves to be fake then you might have a struggle to get your money back depending on the decency of the seller and you are left with basically waste paper. Nothing beats doing the research but trust your instincts as well.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your interest in this particular citation? Is it to a unit you collect? I don't see anything special about this citation (if original) so you wouldn't be losing out if you left it alone and looked for another one. But I will say this - you posted the photo of the citation for a reason and if that reason was a result of a gut feeling that all may not be as it seems then all I can say is trust that feeling. If you lose out on it then at least you still have your money to spend on something else, but if you went for it and it proves to be fake then you might have a struggle to get your money back depending on the decency of the seller and you are left with basically waste paper. Nothing beats doing the research but trust your instincts as well.

Hello!

This item belong to my collector friend here in Norway.He have not Internet and i wish to help him.

All the best

Morten.

There's a Norwegian based member here called Simon Orchard who is very knowledgable about citations (and WW2 in Norway) who might be able to give you a definite answer on this citation.

Hello!

Thanks for help. :cheers:

All the best

Nesredep.