News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just a Few QSA's

Here you go Mike......

Cat, No. 1216

THOMPSON, A (Andrew)

REG. NO.: 37192

REGT: SCOTTISH HORSE

BARS: CAPE COLONY, ORANGE FREE STATE, TRANSVAAL, SOUTH AFRICA 1901, SOUTH AFRICA 1902

REMARKS / HISTORY:

1. ROCKET APPARATUS VOLUNTEER MEDAL, KING GEORGE VI, TYPE ONE. NAMED - ANDREW THOMPSON

2. VERIFIED ON ASPLIN ROLL

Mike

Hi Mervyn...

Here is a rare one for you......

Cat. No. 1393

RUTTER R. (Richard) S. (Samuel)

REG. NO.: 38388

REGT: CANADIAN SCOUTS

BARS: CAPE COLONY, ORANGE FREE STATE, TRANSVAAL, SOUTH AFRICA 1902

REMARKS / HISTORY:

1. NATAL REBELLION MEDAL - 1906 CLASP - Private R. S. Rutter, Natal Rangers

2. Quantity Two - Canadian Scouts Shoulder Flashes.

3. Cut Out Letters - "C" "S"

4. South African Constabulary - Edward VII Cap Badge (Small Solid Version)

5. Black and White Photo of Rutter.

Mike

Guest Darrell

Don't have any rare one's phsst. How many dateds do you have now Mike? So modest you are.

cheers

Chris

Chris you didn't read Mike's comments closely enough ... he said "Some" of my QSA's.

He hasn't shown the other 5 platters yet :cheeky:

Seriously, nice collection Mike ... never get tired of seeing those :cheers:

Thats a very nice SH QSA, I also love the 'name badges' do you make these yourself, its a good idea!!

Hi Mike

I have an engraving shop make them.... When they have some scraps they let me know and engrave them for me a $00.05 per letter instead of the usual $00.25 per letter and cost of material which since it is a scrap its free....

Mike

Don't have any rare one's phsst. How many dateds do you have now Mike? So modest you are.

cheers

Chris

Now Chris that is like asking a woman her age....... 2014.gif

Mike

Mike - a nice pair. The Canadian Scouts must have been quite small in number ? You will probably find that the sh. flashes ended up on the slouch hats. Many of our local units had them cut out of sheet brass by local jewellers. He must have taken discharge in Sth. Africa to have still been here for the 1906 Bambatha Rebellion - with his previous Scout's service he was just right for the Rangers.

Mike - a nice pair. The Canadian Scouts must have been quite small in number ? You will probably find that the sh. flashes ended up on the slouch hats. Many of our local units had them cut out of sheet brass by local jewellers. He must have taken discharge in Sth. Africa to have still been here for the 1906 Bambatha Rebellion - with his previous Scout's service he was just right for the Rangers.

Good Morning Mervyn.....

Total Number of Officers and Men who Served: 1005

Rutter an Australian served in the Canadian Scouts from the 26th of January 1902 to 30th June 1902 with no South African previous service......

I just got a new shipment of the Regimental History of the Canadian Scouts with full medal roll.........

Mike

Edited by QSAMIKE