News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Saudi Arabian Flag from 1991 Gulf War

Here is a nice fully emboidered two sided Saudi Arabian flag that I removed from a vehicle following the liberation of Khafji in 1991. This is perhaps my favorite souvenir of Gulf War I. Scott.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-127960137037.jpg.jpg]

I used to have a cheaper one, a printed one.

Stupidly when I was in the army I traded all the souveniers I got for WW2 German cröp.

Also had some really cool presidential guard stuff from Bokassa which I picked up in Central Africa... some Leopard spot cammo from the congo with numbered jump wings, tons of Bosnian and Serb stuff....

All traded for WW2 Germanstuff that is now looooong gone.

Man, I wish i still had the souvenirs.... :-(

Have never regretted trading away bits of militaria... but the souvenirs bite!

That sucks Chris. Do you have any of your stuff remaining?

I have been really tempted a few times to trade off my Iraqi Flag, Columbian beret and insignia, and other bits for German militaria... then I felt I would be splitting another grouping(mine), and decided against it.

I am starting to branch off in other directions for collecting focuses. I think that I will end up keeping a couple of my favorite LW tunics and selling the rest to start on a WW2 and earlier Coast Guard collection.

I struggle with the same temptations Chris. I often think about trading or selling to gain items more relevant to my current collection. Then I think back to when I was a kid and how my Grandfather never really saved any of his items from WWII. He regretted it because of my interest and I think I would regret it if my kids or eventual grandkids turned out to have an interest... And theres also the greed factorcheers.gif . Scott.

I would love to see a closeup of the embroidery work on the sword and script, if you get a chance. I like that flag a lot. Cool stuff!

Hi Paul, I will take a new pic and get it uploaded with some other items. I was working off of existing pics that I had in webshots. Glad you are back home and doing well! Hope all is good, are you heading back to CA? Scott.

Here is a somewhat blurry close up of the layered embroidery. Sorry but my camera is cheap and the operater is not much better...banger.gif . Scott.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-127973626642.jpg.jpg]

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2010/post-4139-127973630976.jpg.jpg]

Nice and tight!! I like it. What is the flag material made of? Is it cotton like, or that shiny synthetic silk?

It's the synthetic silk and it is two sides stitched together. Except for the dirt and slight yellowing, it is a really nice flag. I got it off of a Suadi Arabian M-113 going into the city of Khafji. Scott.