News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

He was "Evangelisch" according to the Offizier-Stammliste of Leib-Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 8. His father was one Oberverwaltungsgerichtsrath Oskar Hahn and his mother Helene n?e Malotki von Trzebiatowski.

Regards

Glenn

Right, I also have his father as Oberverwaltungsgerichtsrat. Well, he might be converted, but of Jewish descent.

This still doesn't explain why he was ennobled. I wonder whether it's got something to do with his mother's family. There were several Generals Malotki von Trzebiatowski.

• 3 weeks later...

Mike,

I came across some more information on Graf von Schlieffen in a series on Fl?geladjutanten in the "Zeitschrift f?r Heeres- und Uniformkunde" in the early forties:

He was assigned to the Military Examinations Commission on the 7th of November 1917 with a definitive retirement date of 25 October 1919 with permission to wear the uniform of the Corps of Cadets. He was promoted char. Oberst on 26 January 1921 and died on the 31 July 1938.

Regards

Glenn

• 16 years later...
    On 05/01/2006 at 08:17, webr55 said:

Right, I also have his father as Oberverwaltungsgerichtsrat. Well, he might be converted, but of Jewish descent.

This still doesn't explain why he was ennobled. I wonder whether it's got something to do with his mother's family. There were several Generals Malotki von Trzebiatowski.

The father of Helene Hahn (mother of Johannes von Hahn) Malotki von Trzebiatowski was as Oberstleutnant/Oberst commander of the 6. Pommersches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 49 in Stargard. Does anyone have a first name? Gustav August Wilhelm Malotki von Trzebiatowski? Thanks!

Malotki von Trzebiatowski.png

Edited by Deutschritter

On 01/01/2006 at 09:19, Glenn J said:

Generalleutnant Johannes August Ludwig Oskar von Hahn: 27 Mar 1862 at Erfurt - 6 Feb 1945. Enobled 1907/1908. He is listed as Major Joh. Hahn in the 1904/05 edition of the Orders Almanach.

Gro?-Lichterfelde Cadet - Commissioned in 2. Gro?herzoglich Hessischen Infanterie-Regiment (Gro?herzog) Nr. 16 on 17 April 1880. 28 Aug 1894: Company Commander in Leib-Grenadier-Regiment K?nig Friedrich Wilhelm III. (1. Brandenburgisches) Nr. 8. 20 May 1897 assigned to the War Ministry.

Left I.R. 76 to assume command of Infanterie-Regiment von Courbiere (2. Posensches) Nr. 19 on 24 Mar 1909 with promotion to Oberst (20.4.09 X). Moved on to the command of Infanterie-Regiment Graf Schwerin (3. Pommersches) Nr. 14 on 21 Feb 1911 until appointment as commander of 87. Infanterie-Brigade on 19 Nov 1912. General Officer commanding 35. Division from 25 Nov 1914 - 21 Jan 1918.

Secondlieutenant: 17.4.80 Y

Premierlieutenant: 16.4.89 O2o

Hauptmann: 18.11.93 V8v

Major: 27.1.00 N2n

Oberstleutnant: 10.4.06 H3h

Oberst: 20.4.09 X

Generalmajor: 19.11.12

Generalleutnant: 6.6.16 B

In 1926 living in Berlin at Viktoria-Luise Platz 6.

Regards

Glenn

Dear Glenn, as you wrote, August Ludwig Oskar Johannes von Hahn received the RAO with OL and Swords (1915) and the Crown (1918) in WWI. Do you happen to know, what else? Maybe EK II and I?

Thank you

Andreas

August Ludwig Oskar Johannes Hahn, Deutscher Ordens-Almanach, 1908.png

Known awards and decorations for Gustav August Wilhelm Malotki von Trzebiatowski:

Red Eagle Order, IV. Class with Swords on 9 June 1849

Military Order of St. Henry, Knight on 14 June 1849 (SH3)

Austrian Order of Leopold, Knight on 22 June 1849 (ÖL3)

Red Eagle Order, III. Class with the Bow (mit der Schleife) and Swords on 20 September 1849

Baden Order of the Zähringer Lion (Orden vom Zähringer Löwen), Knight's Cross II. Class on 27 October 1849 (BZL3b)

Prussian Long Service Cross (Dienstauszeichnungskreuz)

Russian Order of Saint Anna, II. Class on 29 April 1865 (RA2)

Red Eagle Order, II. Class with Oak Leaves and Swords on 20 September 1866

... on the ribbon striped twice in black and three times in white (am zweimal schwarz und dreimal weißgetreiften Band)

Erinnerungs-Kreuz für den Feldzug von 1866

Iron Cross (1870), 2nd Class for the Battle of Amiens (1870)

War Commemorative Medal of 1870-1871 (Kaiserliche Kriegsdenkmünze 1870/71)

Star to his Red Eagle Order II. Class with Oak Leaves and Swords on 28 September 1871