News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Red Star

Well, I looked at five Red Stars today; all with the Monetny Dvor mint mark.

Three looked pretty good - all high numbers (1,844,674 - this one is below; 1,9xx,xxx - dealer said this was Moscow minted; 2,1xx,xxx).

One was a 6-digit number, but the front of the star was very, very worn - almost no details to the soldier. I like the number, but the wear was a question for my inexperienced eye. It looks original, but how much does the wear take off the value?

One looked pretty good, except that the engraving of the number was still very shiny in the cuts - suspicious, considering the rest was worn.

So, here is number 1844674 for your consideration. (Only cost about $40)

Looks like a nice one to me... but would love to at least see pics of the others if possible, especially the six digit one. I would think if it had been worn to for ages, during service and later at all parades, etc., that the obverse would have seen more possible wear than the reverse... especially if it was worn in a position where movement of the arm would have brushed the sleeve against it time and time and time again. At least that's my guess, but hopefully we'll hear more from others.

Number wise, this one comes closest in the green bible to:

1,843,099 15.6.45 3 Shock Army 150th Rifle Division, Reichstag.

But again we should wait for comments from others who will hopefully know more than lil' ole' me.tongue.gif

Hoping this helps though.beer.gif

Dancheers.gif

Thanks for the comments. I definitely need to get a good recommendation on research possibilities. :beer:

Spring 45 (and the close number for action at the Reichstag) makes me very curious as to if this is Berlin related. Then I'd be very happy. :jumping: