News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A new Imperial group of 5 just arrived

Hello Everyone,

This group arrived yesterday and was an anniversary gift from my wife (I got her nothing :blush: ).

Quick story.

Last year we were going to purchase an item that we could both use and since it was expensive we (she) decided we would only purchase that item and not shop for one another. That's all well and fine but me being me forgot all about the arrangement AND the anniversary until the last couple of days. I went out an purchased a really nice opal necklace. For once my poor memory didn't get me into too much hot water. So, this year the deal was we would purchase a new camera and she would purchase something for me BUT I was NOT to buy for her.

This is our 12th Anniversary and the Wurttemburg group below was my gift from my wife. It's interesting that she picked the gift for a reason (chaeck the last medal).

I would like your opinion of the group, and never mind that it was a gift. Is this an authentic group or made up to fool a buyer? The Wurttemburg Long Service Medal at the end (remember the mention about a reason for my wife picking this particular group) looks to have been added at a later date than the other medals. It looks like a good group to me but I would like your opinions.

Regards

Brian

This is the reverse of the group. Notice the 12 year Long Service on the left side facing you, it was added sometime after the group was mounted.

Even if this group is not genuine it means a lot to me and will stay as it is forever.

Regards

Brian

Oh yes, the Iron Cross 2nd class was mounted up with the reverse showing. I would think that if this was a fake the person doing the work would have at least mounted the EK the right way around.

Is it common for groups to have the EK mounted in this fashion?

Edited by Brian Wolfe

Hi Brian,

I think it is a good group without any panic..... ;)

Maybe the Württemberger in last place was in last place before he got the police award and then he changed it in the actual "right position" , with some additional centimetres to the bar.... to save money instead of ordering a new bar... no , no problem with that bar and with the women who bought it :beer: :P

This is the reverse of the group. Notice the 12 year Long Service on the left side facing you, it was added sometime after the group was mounted.

Even if this group is not genuine it means a lot to me and will stay as it is forever.

Regards

Brian

Yes, there are many instances of EK2 flipped. I think it is likely that this is a post-post-1935 medal bar. By then, the owner was less interested in showing off his federal Imperial award and flipped the Kaiser's "W" to the back to show the oak leaves. He was proud of his Württemberger service and very pleased to earn the TR 25-year police cross. As Heiko said, slipped off the Württemberger and reassembled and extended the length.

Everything "feels" right about this bar. The wonderfully soiled ribbons impressed in their folds, and the way they shrunk back from around their medal hooks. The extension is an economical feature certainly indicative of a elderly, perhaps retired police officer?

Your wife’s exemplary medal bar selecting is only surpassed by the remarkable thoughtfulness she has shown to you.