News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BLOOD CHIT - BRITISH / ARABIC

Good Afternoon Gentlemen......

Not my field of collecting.....

Can you please have a look at this Blood Chit / Good Conduct Pass that would have been used in the Middle East.......

There is no date on the document and it is made of threat reinforced cloth paper.....

My question is: World War One or World War Two??????????

Hope the picture is OK as to be able to post I had to reduce it twice.....

Actual size is 8 x 10 Inches.....

Mike

Hi! I am not an expert, but the way it is printed and the symbol led me to believe it is possible WW1 or even pre-WW1. I have an 1870 parchment document with the same crest. Also although the reference to the Arab, is not politically correct, the Koran allows Muslims to lie to any infidel. So the statement is very astute, and correct. Cheers Captain Albert

Edited by army historian

I'm tempted to think it dates from the 1930's when the RAF and some ground forces were engaged over the desert in Iraq and Syria. The planes were unreliable and often had to make forced landings. We recently had a lovely medal group to this period on our medal sub-forum.