News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Everyone,

In the past few days I've added a few Imperial German groups to my collection and have been too busy to post them, so here's one of them.

The group consists of the Bavarian War Merit Cross with crossed swords, the 1914 EK2, a veteran's association medal and the Bavarian Long Service Medal for 9 years od service.

I think this is a authentic group but if anyone has a different view please share it. The membership's opinions are always appreciated.

Regards

Brian

Very nice Brian! :cheers:

The only thing I will say is that the 3rd medal is incorrect. This is the correct medal for that ribbon....the Kyffhauser veteran's medal.

Best wishes

Matt

Hi Matt,

Well, that's a relief in that it is an easy medal to switch. :lol:

There seems to be a lot of this medal switching around with the Imperial bars.

I have a couple of more I'll try to post today that may not be as easy to "fix", that is, if they prove to be incorrect.

Many thanks

Regards

Brian

Hi Hardy,

Here are some closer views. The obverse is actually nicer than the photo shows. As I was cropping it up I started to lose definition so I stopped short of what I would have liked.

Is there a chance of finding a ribbon for this medal? There is a dealer I purchase ribbons from but his web site does not list photos of the medals only the medal's name and what the ribbon looks like. So, if this medal has a name I would be most interested in knowing it.

Regards

Brian

Nice!

Brian, it is the

Tiroler Landesdenkmünze

Ribbon:

Awarded to all Tyroleans that served in World War I and also to those who, between 1915 and 1918 participated in defending Tyrolia (amongst them were German mountain troops).

This bronze gilt medal was instituted on 7 February 1928, some 120,000 were awarded.

data from here: http://www.gwpda.org/medals/austmedl/austria.html

Edited by Naxos

Nice!

Brian, it is the

Tiroler Landesdenkmünze

Ribbon:

Awarded to all Tyroleans that served in World War I and also to those who, between 1915 and 1918 participated in defending Tyrolia (amongst them were German mountain troops).

This bronze gilt medal was instituted on 7 February 1928, some 120,000 were awarded.

data from here: http://www.gwpda.org/medals/austmedl/austria.html

Thnaks for the information. I may be a sick puppy but this makes me quite excited. I'll replace the incorrect medal and I will then have a new one for my Austrian collection. This is not the first time this has happened. Now to look for the proper ribbon. Do you have any ideas for a ribbon source?

Regards

Brian

Thnaks for the information. I may be a sick puppy but this makes me quite excited. I'll replace the incorrect medal and I will then have a new one for my Austrian collection. This is not the first time this has happened. Now to look for the proper ribbon. Do you have any ideas for a ribbon source?

Regards

Brian

A nice bar Brian! :beer: And Tirol medal is a bit harder to get than Kyffhauser, although it's common too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Here is the corrected group, with the Kyffhauserbund Medal and many thanks to Sascha for making this possible.

I really like this group even more now. The EK2 is in near mint condition and the ring is marked with a "G" which I believe indicates manufacture by Godet & Sohn or Berlin.

Thanks again to all who have made this correction possible.

Regards

Brian

Hello Everyone,

Here is the corrected group, with the Kyffhauserbund Medal and many thanks to Sascha for making this possible.

I really like this group even more now. The EK2 is in near mint condition and the ring is marked with a "G" which I believe indicates manufacture by Godet & Sohn or Berlin.

Thanks again to all who have made this correction possible.

Regards

Brian

Looking good Brian. :cheers:

Best wishes

Matt