News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chinese Kuomintang Breast Star #1 ?

Linasl

Greetings All.

I have the opportunity to buy a Chinese Breast Star which the seller states is a "Chinese Kuomintang Military Breast Star." I have attached a Low Resulution photo, but have 5 higher resolution photos on PhotoBucket, by following this link:

http://s752.photobuc...ast%20Star%201/

I know nothing about this breast badge. As such, I have the following questions, for which I would greatly appreciate everyone's assistance:

1. Is this Chinese (sounds stupid, but...)?

2. Is this an Original Government-issued breast star or some type of fantasy item or theater prop?

3. From what time period?

4. When was it established / when was it dissolved?

5. From what Government (Kuomintang?)?

6. Is it military or civil?

7. What was it awarded for?

8. Who was eligible to receive it (military, government officials, royalty, civil, foreigners)?

9. Is it rare (how many were issued, if known)?

10. What would you estimate the value (help me determine if I should buy it)?

Any an all comments are appreciated.

Thank you in advance. Linas

Greetings All.

I have the opportunity to buy a Chinese Breast Star which the seller states is a "Chinese Kuomintang Military Breast Star." I have attached a Low Resulution photo, but have 5 higher resolution photos on PhotoBucket, by following this link:

http://s752.photobuc...ast%20Star%201/

I know nothing about this breast badge. As such, I have the following questions, for which I would greatly appreciate everyone's assistance:

1. Is this Chinese (sounds stupid, but...)?

2. Is this an Original Government-issued breast star or some type of fantasy item or theater prop?

3. From what time period?

4. When was it established / when was it dissolved?

5. From what Government (Kuomintang?)?

6. Is it military or civil?

7. What was it awarded for?

8. Who was eligible to receive it (military, government officials, royalty, civil, foreigners)?

9. Is it rare (how many were issued, if known)?

10. What would you estimate the value (help me determine if I should buy it)?

Any an all comments are appreciated.

Thank you in advance. Linas

Are you actually considering buying these items, or is this a joke?

Hello Richard. It is no joke. Why would you say something like that? This forum is to learn. I know nothing about therse Breast Stars and ask the community in this forum to help. So again, it is no joke. Lastly, if that is all you can say, please stay away from my postings - I do not appreciate your comment.

Linas

Linus -

I meant no disrespect, but if you are going to collect "Kuo Min Tang Breast Stars" I think you need to research your subject a little more thoroughly. I will respect your wishes and not make any further comments. Good Luck.

Richard

Easy guys... Anyway I would stay away from this one. I think this is not a real medal at all, pure fantasy. Even if it is real there is no way it is real if you know what I mean. Check the posting below on the Ebay posting. These are being manufactured in China today and some unscrupulous dealers are trying to pass them off. The front has a bad look to it. I could'nt access the other pics you posted but I almost don't have to. The back is a sort of pewter look, a bit grainy with a Chinese inscription, maybe a number and a pin brooch, no? It would be good to post a pic of the back just for reference. I bought one a couple of months ago from a dealer for $150 just because I was curious. Totally fake. Luckily he let me return it as he was as unaware as I was.

Anyway... no good, stay away.

Hello Richard. It is no joke. Why would you say something like that? This forum is to learn. I know nothing about therse Breast Stars and ask the community in this forum to help. So again, it is no joke. Lastly, if that is all you can say, please stay away from my postings - I do not appreciate your comment.

Linas

Hello Linas

One thing very important to be learned about real chinse breast star before 1949 (and also those who continued to be issued in Tawain after 1949) is that the reverse is always silver gilt !!!!

All these ugly quality fakes sold on ebay nowdays have their reverse silvered (actually they are not manufactured in silver,but it looks like silver).

Also all chinese Orders issued after 1929 (Kuo Min Tang) have their reverse without enamel (Cloud & Banner,Precious Tripod,Brilliant Jade,,Brilliant Star,Victory ........) show mintmark identification (in chinese) + issue number.As long as I can remember none of these fakes are numbered.

Chinese Orders from the Empire and from the Republic 1912-29 are often not numbered (some Golden Grain breast star are),but again reverse of breast star are silver gilt !!!

Also real Chinese Orders were of exceptionnally good quality (fakes on ebay are so poorly made).

I have to add that to learn from forum or from book without going to medal collector meeting is difficult & hard.I don't know from which country you write....

You can apply to be member of collector society like OMSA (USA but lots of articles on world awards) or BDOS (Germany) but they are many others.

And also buy books !!!!! Always buy books.Last year a very valuable book on chinese Orders has been published,price 260 US $ but it worth !!

When you buy book you learn,and book & society of collectors may help you to not waist money in buying rubbish fakes from China.

Regards.

Emmanuel.

Hello Emmanuel.

Thank you very much for your thorough and kind message. I live in France, so it is tough to get books on militaria outside of the French variety. That is why I participate in this forum. I do not want to waste anyone's time - but I want to learn. Individuals like you are exactly the type of person I want to be communicating with. Through you I have learned several important issues. So once again - THANK YOU.

Take care. Linas

1. As long as I can remember none of these fakes are numbered.

2. Also real Chinese Orders were of exceptionnally good quality (fakes on ebay are so poorly made).

1.Yes, they are now numbering fakes.

2. Well, there are exceptions on quality. There are really good ones, and some that looked rushed and with bad enamel job (image a kid coloring outside of the lines). The fakes have enamel in the lines and not messy. I believe that the fakes are well made, but are completely wrong.