News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bayern Silver Military Merit Medal

Hi,

I would like to share one medal, what I have here next to me. What to you think guys? Like I understand, it is replacement medal but most likely still original period one or can it be something from end of the war?2014.gif

I must say I really like te details. Also some high up edges show some wear. Ribbon.... I am not sure. Pretty hard but silky and looks good under black light.

Thanks in advance,

Timo aka Noor

166221595a550a_o.jpg

166221617e8bc1_l.jpg

Hello Timo:

Thank you for sharing the photos of this medal. This example looks like it is probably die-struck. It also looks to be bronze that was silvered. It is not one of the many types of modern forgeries circulating. I believe that it is a quality piece made for the private purchase of veterans. It could have been made as late as the 1960's for this purpose. The ribbon also looks to be post-1945.

An interesting piece.

Best regards,

"SPM"