News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A couple of "old style" ribbon bars

Hi gentlemen, these 2 little treasures arrived at my house a couple of weeks ago, a nice pair of "old style" ribbon bars. The first (4 piece bar) is probably un-identifiable, but probably a navy type, given the colour of the backing....

The seller of the second bar gave me the name of the holder, along with pictures of him and the full sized medal bar as well.

cheers Jason

4 pce obverse

post-173-032374800 1285988748_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jason

3 pce obverse - according to the seller, the owner was Hauptmann (later Major) Freiherr von Solemacher - Antweiler. I'm hoping this is correct. I have pics of his medal bar from the seller if anyone wants to see it I can post it up also, along with a photo of the man himself.

post-173-070628900 1285988959_thumb.jpg

full photograph....i've spoken to the seller, if he ever decides to sell the bar and photograph he will let me know, so here's hoping the set will be back together again sooner rather than later

cheers

Jas

post-173-094959100 1286003336_thumb.jpg

The awards and name check out. His first name was Friedrich and he was born 1862. He did have WWI service and addition to the awards on the bar he had a 1914 EK2 and a 25 year long service cross.