News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cavalry Commanders Course Graduate - c. 1923-25

This is the badge of a graduate of the Separate Caucasus Army's Cavalry Commanders Course, along with a photo of the graduate, one Noskov, and his hand-written graduation certificate.

The badge is neither proofed nor maker marked. It appears to be plated bronze.

By this time Georgia had been conquered/annexed/warmly embraced -- depending on your point of view -- by the Soviet Union. Uniquely, the Caucasus countries maintained a separate army, headquartered in Tbilisi, independent of direct control from Moscow.

I would appreciate it if someone would translate the certificate. I doubt if I will ever be able to read Russian cursive.

This badge may be uncatalogued and heretofore unknown in the west. It is likely one of the very few surviving examples.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck In Oregon

Beautiful badge! I can't read the citation, but I do know you can't list that on eBay! (Just read the lettering on it, you'd be banned forever!) :speechless1:

Seriously, absolutely beautiful badge - I think this is one of my new favorites! :cheers:

Dave

Guest Rick Research

First the sounds, then the translation:

Page 1=

Udostoverenie

Dano takovoe Tovaritschu Noekovy Stepanu Yevgrafievichu v tom, chto on deistvitel'no sostoyal sotrudnikom na 2i Kavkazenikh Kavaleriiskikh Komandnykh Kursax VChZ Kavkazskoi Krasnoi Armii i s 1go Iyonya po 30 Sentyabya s.g.- v dolzhnosti Instruktora strelkovago Dela kursov ispolnyal obyazannosti

=

Certificate

Presented such to Comrade Noekov, Stepan Yevgrafievich in that, what he indeed held the position of a staff member of the 2nd Caucasian CavalryCommand Courses of the VChZ of the Caucasian Red Army and from 1st of June until 30 September th. yr. -- in the position of Instructor of Marksmanship Matters of the course performed/fulfilled the service/duty

that's p. 1. Page 2 =