News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 3 weeks later...

I have a medal bar, document and Milit?rpass group for the second class cross. The only paperwork I have seen for the pin-back cross was a rather drab typed document dated some time in 1919 for an award to a man who was, by then, a policeman. The document was offered to me after I did the former owner a favour, but he immediately sold it to someone else, despite the fact that I told him I wanted it and was prepared to pay handsomely for it.

I also have a document sent by the orders chancellery to a former officer in the very early 1920s approximately stating that "your request for an award can no longer be met" as bestowals had officially ceased. I'll post a scan as soon as my current scanner can be persuaded to do its job (or a new one arrives to replace it).

The document for the 2nd class cross that I have is the only one I have ever seen. With just over 400 bestowals, a document for the pin-back cross can only be described as extremely rare and an item I would very much like to acquire (preferably as part of a group, of course).

David

• 2 years later...
    Guest Rick Research

I know that this thread is coming up on 3 years old but NOW I have ALL the Strelitz Rolls that exist, so if you'd post that rejection letter, David, I'll see what it actually says in the Rolls.

There were as many as THREE Vorschl?ge before the Authorities could be worn down into awarding Crosses. Strelitz allowed potential recipients to propose themselves (so noted in the Bemerkungen) as well as to be nominated by other people.

One reserve Captain got HIS 1st Class because his MOMMY put him in for it. :rolleyes::catjava:

PS Your PM box is FULL. :shame: