News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Precious Tripod

Irish

I have this medal in my collection, I am not a medal collector but have acuumulated a number over the years. What era is this medal from? As you can see it has the number 2 on the reverse. this is also my first official post, hope it goes well.

post-10860-007980400 1290277800_thumb.jp

post-10860-037972200 1290277998_thumb.jp

At first glance, they appear to be some lovely pieces. I suspect you may get an offer or two from one of us.

Hugh

Thanks for looking Hugh, Well I am not married to them, always interested in options.

Alex, much more higher, 3rd class (三等). The only ones that carried one star are the 3rd, 6th, and 9th class.

Thanks for the correction, I knew that 3rd and 6th class have only one star, that's what puzzled me. But I thought that the 3rd class (三等) medal is a single Breast Star (whit one red star). I took my information from the Gongqing Li's Book «Chinese Orders 1862-1955». I guess medal collecting is a constant process of learning.

cheers

a l e x

Thanks for the correction, I knew that 3rd and 6th class have only one star, that's what puzzled me. But I thought that the 3rd class (三等) medal is a single Breast Star (whit one red star). I took my information from the Gongqing Li's Book «Chinese Orders 1862-1955». I guess medal collecting is a constant process of learning.

cheers

a l e x

It is a 6th Class, very early C. 1930. The 3rd class is a star see ANS Part 3 Morton and Eden 26 April 2007 which illustrates all 9 classes.

Paul

It is a 6th Class, very early C. 1930. The 3rd class is a star see ANS Part 3 Morton and Eden 26 April 2007 which illustrates all 9 classes.

Paul

Am I missing something here...?

The colors correspond to the third class. There is a third class stamp on the reverse. I don't get it.

6th class has all white enamel on the one of layers. The third class has white, red, white enamel on the layer. I don't know which classes has neck, breast, or sash awards. Unless it is a horrible mistake then I am confused.

Do you have the images, I don't know what ANS means. oh I see, I remember the names Morton, Eden from somewhere and it was the auctioneers, but I couldn't get the images to show for the Apr. 26th auction.

627992232_c81b608254.jpg

Edited by hc8604

wow, this looks like a good opportunity to learn a lot! hc8604, which one of the 3 stamps tells you that it is 3th class? My Chinese is very very basic and specially by this old characters I have no chance to identify anything.

Where do you see the number 3 (三) in the characters? second character of number 1??

2 is the general Precious Tripon stamp, right?

best regards

post-6750-082192900 1290501856_thumb.jpg

wow, this looks like a good opportunity to learn a lot! hc8604, which one of the 3 stamps tells you that it is 3th class? My Chinese is very very basic and specially by this old characters I have no chance to identify anything.

Where do you see the number 3 (三) in the characters? second character of number 1??

2 is the general Precious Tripon stamp, right?

best regards

post-6750-082192900 1290501856_thumb.jpg

This is quite odd. The colours are correct for third class. The 3rd Class star in ANS was numbered 411. I can only assume the ANS Star was part of a set comprising a neck badge and a breast star and the neck badge went AWOL. Can anyone confirm this.

Paul

Hi Alex,

1. 三等 (san deng) means third level or class.

2. Name of the medal, but in the old fancy style Chinese (which is not easy to read sometimes).

3. I think maybe the manufacturer stamp? I have the same stamp on my Cloud and Banner order.

It depends on the fonts... I am not sure if there was a correct way to write it. It like the "a" some people write it like "a" or with a cirle and a little curve on the right side or a like a "t" with a simple cross, or with a curve at the end. I know there a few examples in Chinese where there are some minor differences in characters (not comparing traditional vs. simplfied)

Edited by hc8604