News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Picture of medal and ribbon wanted

Odulf

Gentlemen,

Can any of you please post a picture of the medal and ribbon of the Medal of Honor Veterans of Foreign Wars (ribbon appears to be like the Certificate of Merit, obsolete in 1918?

Your help is much appreciated.

Edited by Odulf

Gentlemen,

Can any of you please post a picture of the medal and ribbon of the Medal of Honor Veterans of Foreign Wars (ribbon appears to be like the Certificate of Merit, obsolete in 1918?

Are you talking about the regular MOH?

Your post is a little confusing. As I read it you are asking about a MOH that was awarded by the VFW.

Ed

Gentlemen,

At least at the present time, there is no VFW medal with any title like "Medal of Honor". See http://vfw1679.tripod.com/vfwaward.htm

Doc

• 1 month later...

At least at the present time, there is no VFW medal with any title like "Medal of Honor". See http://vfw1679.tripod.com/vfwaward.htm

Doc

Maybe this is here, but is not Medal of Honor.

The Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) is one of the oldest U.S. charitable organizations, formed in 1899. All members are current or former active duty servicemen who have spent time overseas in a conflict and have been decorated with an expeditionary medal, spent 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea, or have ever received hostile fire or imminent danger pay.

Lambert

purpose-veterans-foreign-wars-organizati

Maybe this is here, but is not Medal of Honor.

The Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) is one of the oldest U.S. charitable organizations, formed in 1899. All members are current or former active duty servicemen who have spent time overseas in a conflict and have been decorated with an expeditionary medal, spent 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea, or have ever received hostile fire or imminent danger pay.

Lambert

purpose-veterans-foreign-wars-organizati

Just for the record: this is the Auschwitz Survivor's Medal issued by Communist Poland; this example looks like some type of lapel pin minature.

Hello again, Odulf,

Enclosed is the reverse of the medal, in case you need it.

With kind regards,

Jef

Jef, now I'm curious; do you have any of the history of this VFW medal? On the obverse; are those to represent captain's bars?

Hello Irish Gunner,

I bought this medal (togheter with a Knight's Templar Membership Cross) several years ago on a military fair in Zillebeke, Belgium. The seller told me the medals once belonged to a British collector. I'm afraid that's all I know. When looking for more info, I asked our friend Kev in Deva to ID this medal. Kev sent a mail with a pic to his friend in the US. In this way I knew it was a cross for "Veterans of Foreign Wars of US" ( Thanks again, Kev). That american collector also told the the bar on top were captain's bars. That's all I know from this medal. If someone is able to add something, please do.

With kind regards from Flanders,

Jef