News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another Soviet Ribbon Bar

There is no Belgrade. That light blue/dark blue ribbon is the Capture of Vienna.

Here is an example from the Collectrussia.com

As I said in the other thread; Yes, you are correct; Vienna. I had Belgrade on my mind since I was looking at a Belgrade Campaign Medal that same day (as well as a Defense of the Arctic and Defense of Sevastopol) and had Belgrade on my mind.

I'm surprised the Lenin Jubilee ribbon's not there considering the last two on this bar were awarded after the Lenin medal.

And, the first two awards are more than likely just for long service. :(

All in all a nice but common and un-sexy 70s bar although I do like to see the AF vets bar as it makes this, if real, a career military man.

IMHO. :whistle:

I'm surprised the Lenin Jubilee ribbon's not there considering the last two on this bar were awarded after the Lenin medal.

And, the first two awards are more than likely just for long service. :(

All in all a nice but common and un-sexy 70s bar although I do like to see the AF vets bar as it makes this, if real, a career military man.

IMHO. :whistle:

Eric, missing medals, like the Lenin you mention, always confuse me on these bars. And then I wonder, why would someone fake such a common bar and they cost only a couple bucks. So, I just scratch my head and wonder why the vet didn't put all the ribbons on a bar. Despite head scratching over these bars, I always like the campaign medal ribbons. So, for a couple bucks, they make nice conversation pieces.

Thanks for the comments.

Eric, missing medals, like the Lenin you mention, always confuse me on these bars. And then I wonder, why would someone fake such a common bar and they cost only a couple bucks. So, I just scratch my head and wonder why the vet didn't put all the ribbons on a bar. Despite head scratching over these bars, I always like the campaign medal ribbons. So, for a couple bucks, they make nice conversation pieces.

Thanks for the comments.

Hi Rick, He may have worn the whole medal like a HSU, I've seen some do that. He may have not even gotten it through some snafu, or he may not have liked it.

As for its couple of buck's worth; if some guy in a ribbon factory had a pipeline out of Soviet Russia a few hundred of these would've been worth a few month's wages.

Never underestimate the resourcefulness of a pissed off proletariate! :)

Other than the missing B-day medal it's a correct bar and there's nothing that screams 'total fake' so display it with pride, or mount it on a legit, 70s era uniform to jazz it up. Or heck, wear it to work one day. I did that once with a pin-on labor bar. Not one comment. :(

:cheers:

As I said in the other thread; Yes, you are correct; Vienna. I had Belgrade on my mind since I was looking at a Belgrade Campaign Medal that same day (as well as a Defense of the Arctic and Defense of Sevastopol) and had Belgrade on my mind.

Sorry about that. I did not realize that there were two different threads on this. I thought that I was losing my mind because I thought that I had already made a comment on it. LOL :speechless: :cheeky: