News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 - Real or Fake

I think it is a fake, I have all known round 3's and none of them have the thin date. I think this is the new brand being produced (forgot what country). Jim

Can anyone help me with this cross - is it a fake. looks alot different to the ones im used to seeing

Hello,

Sorry, but this one is a well known older fake.

The date style is completely unlike any found on period EKs and the overall quality of the piece is far removed from the standard associated with known originals. It looks to be a one piece. This cross can also be found marked L/17 on the pin.

Regards - Danny

Edited by Danny70

Danny's hit the nail on the head there. I'm sure there's other pictures in circulation of this fake. The quality is a give-away, as are the details of the date, and frame.

Sorry to have to confirm your suspicions mate. I hope that not much money changed hands for it.

Glenn.