News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Jan Arne,

A nice S&L attributed HSF with the rarer reverse hardware. This same setup can be found on the S&L zinc minesweeper, Coastal Artillery and Auxiliary Cruiser badges and it's the least common setup on all of them.

Best regards,

---Norm

Edited by Norm F

Hi Jan Arne,

A nice S&L attributed HSF with the rarer reverse hardware. This same setup can be found on the S&L zinc minesweeper, Coastal Artillery and Auxiliary Cruiser badges and it's the least common setup on all of them.

Best regards,

---Norm

Hi Jan Arne,

i agree with Norm,a probable S&L Piece.

Can you provide close up shots of the hinge and catch?

Regards,Martin.

Hi Jan Arne,

Best regards,

---Norm

Correcting my statement above. This rarer setup is found on the Auxiliary Cruiser badge (Martin has one), but I haven't seen this particular hinge block and pin combination on the minesweeper and Coastal Artillery (although the same catch can be found on all of them).

Cheers.

---Norm

Norm,

this is why i asked for a close up of the hinge.

On my HK award the hinge is "laid down" on this badge that Jan Arne has posted i think this may be the same type of hinge but mounted in an "upright" position.

It is definately not the same type of hinge that is on the HK that i just posted at GCA.

Regards,Martin.

Thanks for posting the close up images Jan Arne.

It is a very similar hinge block as seen here on one of my S&L attributed Hilfskreuzer badges.

As i mentioned above the hinge on the HK is "laid down",whereas the hinge on your HSF badge is mounted "upright".

Regards,Martin.

Nice closeups! Jan Arne's badge has the classic S&L-type catch which appears on a wide variety of S&L badges.

Martin, what catch is on your AC -- this characteristic metal catch like Jan Arne's or the generic flat wire catch?

Best regards,

---Norm

Edited by Norm F

Nice closeups! Jan Arne's badge has the classic S&L-type catch which appears on a wide variety of S&L badges.

Martin, what catch is on your AC -- this characteristic metal catch like Jan Arne's or the generic flat wire catch?

Best regards,

---Norm

Typical flat wire stock on the HK award Norm.

Although,as i mentioned at GCA there are slight variations in the thickness and width of the flatwire stock that can be seen on these HK awards.

Regards,Martin.

• 2 months later...
    • 3 months later...