News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I bought this CDV last month. I am stumped as to what the medal is. I thought from the small picture that it was a St. Gregory-but I was wrong. Does anybody recognize this medal?

Thank you for looking.

Hi Ulsterman,

It's the Bavarian Ludwigs-Orden (1827-1918), Ehrenkreuz... pretty rare Nimmergut (OEK # 437) lists it on his 2001/02 catalogue for Euro 3'323.- (made in Gold). I never saw an original one, just pictures from a collection of one in a spectacular Bavarian medal bar. It must be quite a rare order, awarded for high civil merits, I think.

I am sorry not to know more about it, since I do not have the proper reference's book at hand.

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

Guest Rick Research

No name, alas? Indeed, and as I understand it, usually given to normal people for FIFTY years of service-- so the Reverend must be well along in his 70s.

Well if he is 70, I hope to look as good asd he does when I am that age!!!!!! :speechless1:

No name, alas? Indeed, and as I understand it, usually given to normal people for FIFTY years of service-- so the Reverend must be well along in his 70s.