News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Heres a wierd ?

My G Uncle told a story about the times after the end of the war. He told me and my mother told me the same story.

GIs were rounding up members of the SS/SS Police for interagation.

He and a few others in that area, Would inject Peanut Butter under the skin in order to hide the tatooed SS#.

He said they were all tatooed under the arm Left or right I dont remember..

OR is this just another story.. :blush:

George

Heres a wierd ?

My G Uncle told a story about the times after the end of the war. He told me and my mother told me the same story.

GIs were rounding up members of the SS/SS Police for interagation.

He and a few others in that area, Would inject Peanut Butter under the skin in order to hide the tatooed SS#.

He said they were all tatooed under the arm Left or right I dont remember..

OR is this just another story.. :blush:

George

If the peanut butter was injected under the skin, I fail to see how it would obscure the tattoo! The average tattoo is about 1/64" to 1/16" into the skin, so, injecting to that depth would be unlikelyespecially if it was the crunchy kind!!! ;) Where's Joe, he's the Dr.!!

Cheers,

James

Edited by JamesM

theoretically....

it would cause an INTENSE inflammatory reaction

with deposition of pigment and scarring...

i will make no comment on the likelihood

of its success.

we've gone from cooking up peanut butter

to cooking up meth and heroin....

i STRONGLY suspect Skippy and Jif will not

be using this in any future ad campaigns.

joe

Guest Rick Research

OK, but who in Europe in 1945 HAD peanut butter? It could only have come from the U.S. armed forces!

Can't speek to the whole injecting peanut butter thing (EEK!), but I would think burning with a hot piece of metal would take that sucker right off! :D

As for the tattoos, I believe many SS men had their blood type tattooed on the inside of their arm, in addition to those men with SS affiliation tattoos.

• 5 months later...

I can't attest to the peanut butter trick, but many SS men did try to hide it by burning (which still showed scars that they were SS). In the Soviet areas they were shot, in the western side they went to de-nazification camps. Read Johann Voss's "Black Edelweisse, confessions and conscience of a Waffen SS soldier". He escaped the retraining because the day he was to be tattoed, his father visted him and he was not tattoed. He then worked for the Americans dong legal work.