News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all, here is a very nice looking big ribbon bar. My question is now if this combination of awards is possible, I know other big ribbon bars with very similar combinations...maybe I can show later. Can you please name the awards on the right half of the bar, I want to be shure of these ribbons... thank you very much for the moment.

Heiko

OK, Right to Left:

Bulgarian Civil Merit Order

Bulgarian somethinortheother

Can't remember... thinking

Hessian Order of Phillip

Brunswick House Order (Possibly that Lippe thing WildCard mentioned?)

Baden Z?hringen Lion

The rest you know, right?

OK, Right to Left:

Bulgarian Civil Merit Order

Bulgarian somethinortheother

Can't remember... thinking

Hessian Order of Phillip

Brunswick House Order (Possibly that Lippe thing WildCard mentioned?)

Baden Z?hringen Lion

The rest you know, right?

"somethinortheother" - I think that's the St. Alexander

The blue and yellow ribbon in front of it looks like the Austrian Order of the Iron Crown, although I don't know enough about it to know if it's plausable.

Unless you can ID the recipient, the all-red ribbon is not clearly identifiable. Since it comes after the Austrian Iron Crown and before the Bulgarian Civil Merit Order, it is (i) something Bulgarian higher than the Civil Merit Order, i.e., the Order of St. Alexander already mentioned, (ii) something Austrian junior to the Iron Crown such as a Signum Memoriae (which if this were a German diplomat or other government functionary is certainly possible), or (iii) something all-red from some other country.

Guest Rick Research

The Bulgarian CIVIL Merit Order will be the key here. I have seen these, God knows why, in MILITARY groups.

The combination yells "Prussian Guards Major" at me, possibly just promoted Oberstleutnant when the war started OR a pre-war Oberstleutnant whose peacetime Crown 3rd was "bumped away" by a wartime Crown 2X.

I tried looking in Guards regiments in 1914, but no luck...

given the way field officers were promoted in a "pool" by available openings, this guy must have been reassigned into some other less glamourous unit.

At least we know here that this is a WARTIME-worn combination, so no need to go back and back and back the way we do hunting for Old Style ribbon bars. He should have had ALL these when the war started.

He'll be in the 1914 Rank List somewhere, as a Major to Oberst.

The Bulgarian CIVIL Merit Order will be the key here. I have seen these, God knows why, in MILITARY groups.

The combination yells "Prussian Guards Major" at me, possibly just promoted Oberstleutnant when the war started OR a pre-war Oberstleutnant whose peacetime Crown 3rd was "bumped away" by a wartime Crown 2X.

I tried looking in Guards regiments in 1914, but no luck...

given the way field officers were promoted in a "pool" by available openings, this guy must have been reassigned into some other less glamourous unit.

At least we know here that this is a WARTIME-worn combination, so no need to go back and back and back the way we do hunting for Old Style ribbon bars. He should have had ALL these when the war started.

He'll be in the 1914 Rank List somewhere, as a Major to Oberst.

The few officers with a "BC" I encountered were reserve officers. I didn't review them exhaustively, though.

My understanding from somewhere is that a number of Civil Merit Orders were conferred on Germans who provided non-military assistance to Bulgaria during the Balkan Wars.

Guest Rick Research

#11...

oh EVIL Heiko! Never will I forget missing Graf von Stillfried und Rattonitz on eBay. I found him INSTANTLY when that came up, first page, 1st regiment in the 1914 Rank List and then wasted hours because "it can't be THIS easy..." looking for somebody ELSE with that combination...

and THEN lost it after one of those 8 days as high bidder situations.

Style is M1915, still no EK and the Bulgarian CVO...

I think either a Reserve or Landwehr guy or a Doc.

I did not find a single active or a la suite Officer apart of comrade Zei?, the head of the Marstall with a BC.

Still some hundred pages to check in the 1914 list.....

But maybe it turns out like with Graf Holnstein that he disappeared in 1905, 1908 or whenever from the listings and coming back a aD officer....

Time will bring it. But this combo is unique and WILL be IDd.

Best regards

Daniel

• 1 year later...
    Guest Rick Research

Heiko-- get the photo. :beer: That stolen bar :angry: is NEVER going to surface ANYWHERE without a global outdcry until it is returned to you.

Some day....