News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out for another collector what the last ribbon on this ribbon bar is for. This ribbon totally eludes me. I'm thinking that it is for some unofficial Prussian WW1 commemorative or veteran association award of the Weimar Period. Thank you for any and all assistance.

Best regards,

Tom

I'm having the Bänderkatalog, but there are no non- or semiofficial ribbons in it, unfortunately.

Hello Sascha,

Thank you for checking that for me. I was afraid of that. I still need to get me a copy of that Bänderkatalog, though. I'm sure it is a very useful reference.

Best regards,

Tom

well, I do...and I looked and it's sooo close to so many Prussian and Hohenzollern medals,but not quite. I am left wondering if it was a music award or even something Freikorps.

It is soooo close to the Prussian red Cross 3rd class ribbon. I saw the messed with triple bar at the WAF that this was originally on. While I see no hint of red/pink on the outer edges- is it possible I missed it?

well, I do...and I looked and it's sooo close to so many Prussian and Hohenzollern medals,but not quite. I am left wondering if it was a music award or even something Freikorps.

It is soooo close to the Prussian red Cross 3rd class ribbon. I saw the messed with triple bar at the WAF that this was originally on. While I see no hint of red/pink on the outer edges- is it possible I missed it?

Hello Ulsterman,

Thank you for also checking in the Bänderkatalog. But I don't understand what Prussian Red Cross Medal you are talking about. The ribbon for the Prussian Red Cross looks nothing like the ribbon in question.

Best regards,

Tom

The Preussischer Landesverein "Vom Reuter Kreuz: Treurer Deinst 1914-1919 medal (# 186 in the 1989 Luedenscheid Red Cross volume). One tends to see the pinback 2nd and 1st classes more often, but the medal was awarded quite liberally by the Prussian Red Cross (I have hand penciled notes that @10,000+ were given from George Seymour) in the Weimar era.

Given the fading on the Ehrenkreuz, I would hope that a faint trace of 1mm wide pink could be found at the outer edge of the ribbon- because if it is there- then Bob's your Uncle!

One tends to see the pinback 2nd and 1st classes more often, but the medal was awarded quite liberally by the Prussian Red Cross (I have hand penciled notes that @10,000+ were given from George Seymour) in the Weimar era.

Given the fading on the Ehrenkreuz, I would hope that a faint trace of 1mm wide pink could be found at the outer edge of the ribbon-

What say you Tom? Does it have any residual sign of a 1mm wide PINK edge?

Then you can also post the medal bar that goes with this ribbon bar.

The Preussischer Landesverein "Vom Reuter Kreuz: Treurer Deinst 1914-1919 medal (# 186 in the 1989 Luedenscheid Red Cross volume). One tends to see the pinback 2nd and 1st classes more often, but the medal was awarded quite liberally by the Prussian Red Cross (I have hand penciled notes that @10,000+ were given from George Seymour) in the Weimar era.

Given the fading on the Ehrenkreuz, I would hope that a faint trace of 1mm wide pink could be found at the outer edge of the ribbon- because if it is there- then Bob's your Uncle!

Thanks for the clarification, Ulsterman!

Best regards,

Tom

What say you Tom? Does it have any residual sign of a 1mm wide PINK edge?

Then you can also post the medal bar that goes with this ribbon bar.

Ulsterman and Claudius,

Here are some pictures of the medal bar. Obviously, the 1939 EK2 and the Hannover Commemorative Medal for the Royal German Legion of Volunteers do not belong on this bar. Otherwise, the medal bar and ribbon bar do look legitimate. I see no traces of 1mm pink edges to the ribbon on the medal bar nor the ribbon bar. Keep in mind, though, that this bar is not mine so I don't have the benefit of having it in-hand. Based on the pictures, I find it hard to believe that this ribbon would have once had pink edges. I know that reds/pinks can fade out and even completely bleach out due to uv exposure, but I would think that there would be some pink still visible on the underside.

Best regards,

Tom

(Sorry about the thumbnail images. I don't know why they posted like this, but if you click on them they will enlarge.)

Edited by tyanacek

Yeah- well I am squinting and I see no hint of anything reddish or rose. So something unofficial and Prussian. I can state categorically it was NOT the Prussian state agricultural medal or animal husbandry prizes, since those ribbons were half black/half white.

I reckon it's musical or regimental.

Nice Kings' German legion commemorative medal though-