News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

...... coming to a PC near you soon. Notice that despite the fact that the badge bears the distinctive bow of Meybauer, the die characteristics do not match a single Meybauer Badge. Notice that the pin, hinge and catch are unlike any badge, by any maker prior to 1945. $370 USD and counting. Not a bad day's bid for a fake badge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Of all the badges he has bid on, there's one zep badge that was a "maybe" and the seller refused to email me an actual photo of the mark before the close of the auction....... no details, I don't bid. Here's an example of the utter rubbish fantasy pieces he buys. This one was just under $700... must be nice to throw away money.......

i have been, in the past, well... less than smart

with some of my purchases....

HOWEVER!

rick, these are the pieces i see in different places

that even i get that spider-sense about.

95% of the time, "variations" deserve a look ONLY

to reinforce what should or should not be there.

that was one of my downfalls with TR.

especially for newer collectors: keep your money in

your pocket until you can learn what you are buying.

thanks for the nice pics, stogie!

joe

At least in Imperial, we don't have the "near perfect" copies so common in cloth SS or RKs, awards, qualification badges, YET! Knowledge is power. Even the near perfect copies can be spotted with a solid research background. Knowing which eagles go with which wreaths in Luftwaffe flight badges springs to mind. Thanks Stogie. You and like minded folks are laying the foundation for future Imperial collectors in the matter of "Burn Prevention."

Yes........ they have spent a rather exhorbitant sum on utter rubbish. The really funny thing is.... you can sell fake badges for 3-7oo any day of the week on eBay. Think any one of them would be wise enough to pay the going rate of 1K+ for one real one? Nope, they can get to "real" ones on eBay for that every week............ hmmmmmmmmmmm.