News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Small Collection So Far

Hello

Although I only have a small collection at present I would like to share it with you. Neither the biggest nor the best of collections, but I'm happy with it and hope to keep it growing.

I hope there is something in it that you like as well.

The pictures are of my Third Reich items, my 1957 items and finally my Imperial items.

Third Reich Items top row from the left:

Cased blockade runners award and minature. Cased EK1, unmarked but attributable to Rudolph Souval. Cased war merit cross 1sr class without swords, marked 50. Cased bar to the EK1. Retains all frosted finish and burnished highlights. Unmarked but is text book B H Mayer.

Centre row from the left:

Bar to the EK2 in LDO box. Unmarked. 'Prinzen' size bar to the EK1. Unmarked but retains all of its frosted finish. Bar to the EK1. Marked L/11. Cloth version of the DKiG on Luftwaffe backing cloth. Original paper backing still in place. DKiG, marked 20. EK1 marked 26.

Bottom row from left:

War merit cross 1st class with swords. Unmarked. War merit cross 2nd class with swords. Unmarked. Ek2 marked 113. EK2 unmarked. EK2 marked 13. Retains frosting to the beading. EK2 unmarked but attributable to maker 100.

1957 Re-issue items. Top row from left:

Cased RK with oaks. Late issue type, poor finish and paint on core. Cased RK. Early type. Marked 800 on rim under the eye on reverse. Has the beading flaws. Suspension loop also marked 800. Cased DKiS. Early type.

Bottom row from left:

Blockade runners award. Destroyer war badge. DKiG, early / mid production type.

Imperial items. Top row from left:

Cased EK2. Cross is marked with what looks like MAL on the ring. EK2 marked KO. EK2 marked C. Cross of honour marked HKM.

Bottom row from left:

Stick pin minature of EK1, EK2 and cross of honour. EK1 marked KO. EK1, unmarked except for 800 on the pin. Cut out style silver wound badge, unmarked. Black wound badge, unmarked.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Grant, regrettably no, the 57 DKs don't have the 'coke bottle' style pins. I'm on the look out for any like that as I have been told these are the very first ones produced - often using left over wartime parts and with a quality to rival the war time items.