News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 1813 - good or not?

I would like to hear your opinions about this cross.

Browsing the GMIC and WAF forums I am more confused than I was at the beginning. Some threads say this is good, some are sure this is bad. What´s the problem? Is it because core style itself is good, but heavily faked, so one have to look for other features (cast/struck core, blackened/painted, etc...) ?

Thank you for opinions.

Unfortunately, this is not a good one. A reasonably well known fake 1813 EK2.

There IS a good 1813 EK2 that exhibits (from a distance) a similar looking crown... but this is definitely not it - and yes, the core is what gives it away..

Sorry

There IS a good 1813 EK2 that exhibits (from a distance) a similar looking crown... but this is definitely not it - and yes, the core is what gives it away..

sorry

Do you mean this one? Photo is from Militärhistorische Museum der Bundeswehr.

No need to apologize, I didn´t buy it. It´s from eBay auction, and the guy offers also the EK1 1813, which is definitely wrong, also for my beginner´s eyes (the "maker´s marks": star, scratch and 13). http://www.ebay.de/itm/Orden-EK-1-1813-Eisernes-Kreuz-1Kl-1813-Nadel-Guter-Zustand-Selten-/251039690806?pt=Militaria&hash=item3a7321b036