News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial EK2 1914

Gentlemen, I am happy to report my first Wide Framed EK2 has arrived from Germany and I am very pleased. ( I know to the expert collector this is small change) but you know I am an EK apprectice and it's the baby steps that get me excited.

Regards,

Joel

Hello

That's a very nice start to your EK collection. Looks like a nice original cross.

I've tried the education thing, historical and social research routes with my wife. She wasn't impressed. So now it's 'I like, I want it and I'm having it !'.

Welcome to the world of EK collecting. Once you have started down this path there is no turning back ! By the way, I read in Vern Bowens book, 'The Prussian and German Iron Cross' that there are around 200 different variants of the EK2 from WW1 alone. One down, only 199 more to go.

there are around 200 different variants of the EK2 from WW1 alone.

Is that all? They must have ignored the minor variants :rolleyes: That is the great thing about the 1914 Iron Cross. No matter how many you have, there is always something to strive for. Nice cross Joel, I wish you many more. :cheers:

Dan Murphy