News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

patriotic stuff

Interesting to see trench art was also made back home by jewellers ;-)

While I'm sure the idea of using a piece of driving band to make something for a loved one back home I always knew the majority of them were "manufactured." They are too consistant to be random bits of salvaged bands.

well makes cence ,,surely soldiers where acoupied with a lot off other importand things in those trenches

They had enough time on thier hands to make all kinds of stuff. Most of it was probably for front line use though and not gifts for the folks back home.

one can speculate so much about those kind off stuff

I am just glad some off it is now confirmed to a maker

a second thing came along thinking about it

interestingly enough I ones where reading an artical about the impact off WW 1 on the jeweller world

besides the economic problems ,,,

amazingly telling about two highly regarded jewellers where drafted in to service and actually died during that period .

but that book was more fore the throe jewellery artwork artist kind a jeweler.

dont remember they're names ether ,but fore the trench art lead an interesting thing to know .

as far as deutscher offiziers verein go's ,they to,, had difficulties as specialized craftsmen where drawn in to service .

so ,yes ,,trench art is plausible enough ,

distinguishing What is made by who is the difficulty .