News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

KIA USMC Purple Heart Cape Gloucester NB

scottplen

Co A 1st BN 5th Marines 1st Marine Div WIA Dec 30 1943 attacking airfield #2 Cape Gloucester Died Jan 19 1944 of his wounds

I have found only anout 300 KIA from cape Gloucester and another 30 or so Died of wounds later

A hell of a place Rain Mud and snipers

enlisted dec 15 1941 from lowell Mass an amatuer heavyweight boxer

Guadalcanal vet

• 4 weeks later...

He is commemorated on the wall at the Lowell VFW-where Rick and i go to the medals show (or used to). A great medal. Odds are there are still a few people around who knew him. I think there was a "Lowell in WW2" book that has his bio, but am not certain.

He is commemorated on the wall at the Lowell VFW-where Rick and i go to the medals show (or used to). A great medal. Odds are there are still a few people around who knew him. I think there was a "Lowell in WW2" book that has his bio, but am not certain.

I found a book listed on line The Irony of victory WW II and lowell Ma 1988 MS singer ? is this the book you are talking about?

• 4 weeks later...

Scott,

I have a more general question to you.

The purple center of a Metal Art manufactured PH type 1, (1939 - 1940), was this made of a separate purple lacquered disk or was it made from another material?

Hope.you have an answer,

Regards

Herman