News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian help needed!

Hello,

I recently bought a photo, and would be really grateful for, if possible, a translation of the cyrillic text on the back.

It was taken by a doctor attached to the Bulgarian Hospital in North Korea, during the Korean War.

img117.jpg

Any help anyone could give me would be really appreciated!!! :D

Best wishes,

BP

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I'll try...

Rozglezhdane (unleggible for me)

za operativnie (ditto)

prez sledvashchata sedmica

v 53 gosp. 1953 g.

v rajone na Teguou (??)

Consideration (or exam or viewing) (unleggible)

for operative (patients, or room, perhaps?)

in/during next week

in 53rd hospital in year 1953

in the region of Teguou (or whatever).

If native bulgarian speakers will laugh at me, please take into consideration that I never learned Bulgarian (only Russian and Serbian).

Hi Brigade-Piron,

Can you post the obverse of the photo.

It is difficult just by the text to make a gess, as Valter did (not a bad job), about the the subject and/or the action on the photo.

Only from the Text, it looks like it is act of analysis of patient"s documentation related to the planing for his/her operation in the following week.

Note: The Second word on the first line is Epicrisis. - medical term - means crytical analysis of a case of disease after its termination, however it can have a meaning of patient"s Documantation related to the course of his/her desease)

I hope this will help

Regards

Graf

Thanks! That would certainly make some sense, considering the reverse:

img115.jpg

Tergau might well be a place in North Korea. Unfortunately there is no literature on the Bulgarian participation in the Korean War (in English anyway) to check it with.

Then, vandalising Valter's translation a bit, would this work:

"Considering medical records of next week's patients, 53rd Hospital in Tergau region 1953"

Thanks for your help!

The way I read it - Considering /examining/ epicrisis for the operations plan for the next week in the 53rd hospital 1953 year in the region of Teguon... Teguoch... not sure about the name. Epicrisis is in plural, operations is for surgery.

Edited by Theodor

• 9 months later...