News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Green indeed.

YES. I do like them! The EK1 and wound badge documents are outstanding. The Colonial doc sometimes had a stamp certification as well, but no problem. I can't read the last name...otherwise I might have been able to tell you more about the gent.

Let me know if your source for this group had any friends that might be looking for a new home. ;)

Hello Claudius,

his name was Ernst Graumann

He joined the marine 08.04.1889 and was promoted to Obersteuermann 01.01.1904

Before 1. WW he allready had the Centenarmedaille, Dienstauszeichnung 15 Years and Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen in Silber, I think

that these documents were lost at Kiautschou in 1914 .

Andreas

Ahh...Great.

Yes, my Library of Congress source copy says he was at Kurume POW camp as prisoner #3352

Hometown: Geestemünde

Outstanding group!

Thanks Claudius,

I knew that he has been in Kurume, but I didn´t know his prisoner number.

This week I got an other part. Have a look.

It is the correspondence from the Reichswehrministerium Kiautschoustelle were he has to buy

the Kolonialabzeichen an for which price.

Regards

Andreas

Thanks Claudius,

I knew that he has been in Kurume, but I didn´t know his prisoner number.

This week I got an other part. Have a look.

It is the correspondence from the Reichswehrministerium Kiautschoustelle were he has to buy

the Kolonialabzeichen an for which price.

Regards

Andreas

VERY NICE.

This is, of course, the authorization from the Ministry to purchase the Colonial badge, the so-called Elephant badge from the Sculptor Karl Möbius.

Do I understand correctly? Is there an increase in the price? With someone writing in 27.50 M?

I really like the document and with the recipient’s name at the bottom.

Prima!

Yes Claudius,

there is an handwritten correction from the price from 25.- M to 27,20.- M and a high

shipping charge with 3,50 .- M. For the price is written vorläufig that means preliminary

Between the printing from the document and the date from awarding there is an increase

in the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Uwe for information about the inflation in Germany

@ Claudius a scan from the modified Verfügung with a change in the date and the P.A. ,

do You know something about this. I´ve never seen this before.

Regards Andreas

Hello Andreas;

Yes, I do have something to say about this topic. I own a several Tsingtau document groups and have had the pleasure to see a few others. While I can’t claim to have seen every Tsingtau group, in my opinion, the EK2 was awarded to EVERY German combatant POW. (any Tsingtau group that doesn’t have the document with it is because it was lost or separated.) I believe that upon their return, the German Ministry authorized the awarding of the EK2 to all defenders of the Kiautschou Protectorate.

It is my opinion, that the “PA 7586” dated “September 16th, 1920” is that statute from the Ministry that authorized the awarding of EKIIs to the defenders of the Kiautschou Protectorate.

One of my document groups has a Preliminary EK2 document. It isn’t as ornate as an award document, but it has a lot more discussion on the document. It also specifically mentions this “PA 7586” “dated September 16th, 1920”. The EXACT same code and date on Graumann's document (and all Tsingtau EKII documents).

I had wanted to include a photo of the document here for you today, but domestic events prevented me from accessing the group and taking the photo.

Regarding your EK1 document, it has the “PA 7456” authorized on “September 16th, 1920” language crossed out. The “PA 7456” were the authorized conditions that would have to be fulfilled for an applicant to be awarded the EK1. It is this Statute that is crossed out on Herr Graumann’s EKI document. Clearly, Herr Graumann didn’t qualify for the EKI, under the previously approved statute (PA 7456).

Fortunately for Herr Graumann, on December 20th 1920, they approved Statute “PA 11606” and Herr Graumann fulfilled those conditions and he was awarded the EKI.

But I don’t know what Statute “PA 11606” from December 20th, 1920 says. The earlier Statutes “PA 7456” and “PA 7586” were general enough to cover the very many different ways a person can earn the EKI and the EKII, after the war. The later “PA 11606” Statute was possibly approved when it was noticed that the “PA 7456” missed a condition that the Ministry wanted to cover. It is likely that it is a very specific condition and if we knew what it was, it would provide a remarkable insight as to what Herr Graumann did to earn his EKI.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

This book may be of interest

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item1e74fe4c23

I have not read that book. This is the book I own. (the ebay book is just one i found for sale, I'm not selling mine) Signed by the author. I talked to him some years ago....I should perhaps look him up again.

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item19cff985e7

It's not surprising, but in my hunt for Tsingtau groups, Gunther Plüschow group would be very BIG!

Edited by Claudius