News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Gem of a Red Banner

One of the things that really appealed to me about this group, apart from the completeness, is this one little detail. He never conformed to regs and kept his initial award. Even his medal bar reflected his feelings on this coveted award. Note that his first place Red Banner Ribbon on the bar has a "blank" bottom. he simply mounted the S/B below the bar and wore it like this!!

Well thanks Rusty! That means a lot to me. The disc is about half the size of the later ones and looks like real silver, although it's not marked or numbered. Interesting note... there was a very thick fiber button between the the disc and the award itself. Very interesting.

Gerd,

No. there was no re-issue Red Banner.

The awardee simply wore the screwback under the first ribbon.

Rusty.

Thanks, Rusty. Thats probably the case. I guess, its still possible, that he had a reissue additionally. I have seen quite a lot with a s/n under 25.000, so why not this one too.

Gerd

:( Yep, a little bummed over this, but it's my own fault. In studying all his photos (the guy who had the set) the 2 stars I received are the ones he showed, but I checked the RB's, not the RS's. We shall see what he has to say.....

(I will confess to still being outrageously pleased with everything else and the matching orders book!)

:jumping:

:( Yep, a little bummed over this, but it's my own fault. In studying all his photos (the guy who had the set) the 2 stars I received are the ones he showed, but I checked the RB's, not the RS's. We shall see what he has to say.....

(I will confess to still being outrageously pleased with everything else and the matching orders book!)

:jumping:

I have noticed that on his Website, but thought, he just switched the pictures :speechless:

I hope he knows, where the right ones are.